So what's the deal with ranked now?

#1Chrikke666Posted 2/5/2013 12:09:09 PM
Last I checked some Rioter was looking into the system because apparently it isn't fully tweaked yet. Something about having to maintain a winrate of over 60% in order to progress. Is that still true? I'm a bit reluctant to get really invested.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#2boktai3Posted 2/5/2013 12:11:26 PM
people lose ~20LP and gain ~15-19LP (sometimes as low as 5-10 if your hidden elo is low.) for winning, so you need a higher win then loss rate, but that makes sense really, if your losing half your games, your about where you belong, if you keep winning, makes sense your going up.
#3Chibi_personPosted 2/5/2013 12:24:47 PM
It is true to an extent. Lets say you are gold IV and over 12 games you hit 100 points. At this time you have to win 2/3 of the next 3 games to progress to gold III. Lets also say you were at 75 points the day before and won two games to get to 100. And after you hit gold III you have to win one more game to cement your place in gold III. In this situation you would have to win 5 games in a row/ or 4 games with 1 loss (if you lose one rank up game) to feel safe in gold III.
---
Empire! Empire! (I was a lonely estate)
#4Chibi_personPosted 2/5/2013 12:26:41 PM
boktai3 posted...
people lose ~20LP and gain ~15-19LP (sometimes as low as 5-10 if your hidden elo is low.) for winning, so you need a higher win then loss rate, but that makes sense really, if your losing half your games, your about where you belong, if you keep winning, makes sense your going up.

This depends. I win ~20 and lose 12-15.
---
Empire! Empire! (I was a lonely estate)