Why Thresh is OP

#221The-World-SevenPosted 2/15/2013 10:32:44 AM
Xander7756 posted...
So now that Thresh has been out for awhile, this topic is stupid and I feel bad.
duuuuhhh durrrr duhhhr

---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#222XanemicPosted 2/15/2013 12:01:37 PM
Xander7756 posted...
Xanemic posted...
Xander7756 posted...

Considering I'm being matched against Diamond ranked players, I find it very likely.

One diamond ranked in summoners rift to the legions of unseeded and bronze/silver; That's akin to saying 'I played against a profession Quake player in Starcraft once, clearly I'm a beast at Starcraft', it's apples and oranges my friend.

Mollica, Nekrogen, and Sauron aren`t exactly diamond ranked in Summoners Rift, yet they`re considered some of the best at Dominion. Funny, you'd think they would be if there was a correlation.

You can also go by the revive metric as a rough guideline to your dominion rating. 0 revives in most games? That's like seeing 0 flashes in a Summoners Rift game, pretty damn low rating there. At least your friend OxfordKiller there is taking ghost instead of flash.

What are you talking about? I had to go all of 1 game back to see the Diamond player. I'm sure I've played plenty of others and beasted them just as thoroughly.

You can no longer deny it. The stats don't lie. I am the best Dominion player you have ever encountered. Want tips?

The point being that the number of diamond Summoners Rift players is irrelevant (much the same way as it doesn't matter how many professional Quake players you beat in Starcraft) you're comparing two different games and using ability in one as a measure of ability in another.

Being 'sure' that you've played against plenty of other diamond SR players and beasted them means nothing. As you're fond of saying the stats don't lie, and the stats are the vast majority of your opponents are unranked/bronze/silver. Somewhat supports the whole entire 'No correlation between SR and Dominion' skill thing doesn't? Unless you're claiming that there is no difference in ability between a 2400 elo player and 1000 on Summoners Rift.

'The stats don't lie' was covered already by pointing out that they don't cover the game winning actions. Many game decisions involve giving up endgame stats in order to win, such as giving up a neutralize/capture to prevent some fellow from backcapping, or even the disparity of points between getting a kill on and off point; Both kills have an equal value as far as winning the game goes, but one is worth far more score wise.
The only stat worth discussing here when you`re trying to get across your skill is wins:losses, and judging by your claims about constantly losing due to 'bad' teammates...

There's also the 'If I'm a beast and totally stomping, the point total on my team should be minimal due to the shorter game and not giving up nodes' factor. A 55+ minute dominion game is pretty ridiculous, yet they appear to be a common occurrence for you. Why aren`t you carrying your team and ending them in a more timely manner?
#223pinkpantherfan5Posted 2/15/2013 12:35:12 PM
Thresh is bad and so are you. Huehuehuehuehue
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#224jats605Posted 2/15/2013 2:21:11 PM
So now that Thresh has been out for awhile, do you guys admit he is OP?

Strong?
Sure. So is Leona.
OP?
No.
---
Jets on runways with people in them can't be destroyed. Except sometimes they can but not most of the time. --it_r_over9000
#225Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:44:33 PM
pinkpantherfan5 posted...

My amazing stats game in and game out would seem to disagree with you. You do realize that when you make statements like calling a player who regularly finishes Rank 1 every this you look like a fool?
#226jats605Posted 2/15/2013 4:08:13 PM
Xander7756 posted...

My amazing stats game in and game out would seem to disagree with you. You do realize that when you make statements like calling a player who regularly finishes Rank 1 every this you look like a fool?

No, saying stuff in a video game is glitched because it's not physically possible makes look like a fool.
---
Jets on runways with people in them can't be destroyed. Except sometimes they can but not most of the time. -- it_r_over9000
#227pinkpantherfan5Posted 2/15/2013 5:11:11 PM
Xander7756 posted...

So gud <333333
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#228Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:45:02 PM
So I just destroyed a Gold ranked player. See? Told you that it wasn't uncommon. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26251985
#229The-World-SevenPosted 2/15/2013 8:55:47 PM
You could beat the President of the U.S.A at badminton, but that doesn't make you a good football player.

Idiot level logic.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#230Gobstoppers12Posted 2/15/2013 9:04:52 PM
I played against one earlier who stacked health runes. Early game he was a nightmare and it carried into late because he zoned us well enough that his Ashe partner got free farm.

He's like Blitzcrank but he doesn't even need to build tanky to be tough to kill thanks to his souls ._.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom