Why Thresh is OP

#51shadyelfPosted 2/6/2013 5:13:21 AM
I feel like we have another Volibear on our hands; People overreacting to things until the champ gets nerfed and falls into obscurity for a long time.

The lantern is pretty stupid, though.

Yeah I hope Riot has learned their lesson. Though I think they have what with Kha'zix taking so long to get a nerf despite all the QQ and not being nerfed again last patch despite ongoing QQ. I guess there are too many champs people ***** about these days.
---
?
#52MizunoRyuuPosted 2/6/2013 5:18:19 AM
He has multiple instances of soft cc, and above average poke damage for a support, but really he's like an inferior Nautilus.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#53HorribrenPosted 2/6/2013 6:39:28 AM
Lol'd at the comments..

What he fails to mention is that Death Sentence can't pull over walls, automatically making it far less annoying than Rocket Grab.

Article Author: Blitz shouldn't be able to pull through walls either. That is a nonsensical glitch that Riot really needs to fix.

and now an irrelevant gif
http://i.imgur.com/XBQ29.gif
#54themagicpainmanPosted 2/6/2013 6:43:00 AM
Xander7756 thread

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/mjomaha/Misc%20gifs%20n%20Pics/PopcornGus-1.gif
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#55Aeon320Posted 2/6/2013 8:52:53 AM
Thresh is by far my favorite champion - however, there are definitely flaws about him.

His Q is certainly difficult to land, more so than a skillshot from any other support. His early game passive on his Q is slightly overpowered - but it drops off quickly.

His lantern takes a moment or two to get out there, and if your teammate actually needs it (i.e. 5 man bush gank, etc.), it either takes a great deal of communication or dumb luck. You have no idea how many ADCs I've supported that start their jukes or run away from my range during when I throw the lantern. Most of the time, they are either dead by the time I get the lantern to them, or they've committed to getting away on their own skills.

As for his E - it's range is horrible. Flat out - sometimes I'll grab someone with Q, and one misclick or a flash and they're out of range. It's damage is awful, and it's only saving feature is the large slow. I'm not saying its a horrible skill, rather, I find it a good complement to the rest of his kit.

The Box gets kills. That's it. Its clutch, and gives him some damage in combination with his passive. Same with his passive, its baller. Both of these skills are great, and really present Thresh as a strong support.

Thresh has a high skill cap - but a bad Thresh is laughable. I'm not too great of a player, but I've played him enough to get by. He is unique, and quite a strong pick for talented teams.
#56WayavasPosted 2/6/2013 9:04:54 AM
Hey Xander I discovered Thresh is bugged he can do lik e47846574681 damage in 0 seconds, riot supports hackers!!
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#57omega bahumatPosted 2/6/2013 9:14:34 AM
Blocktopus posted...
Whoever wrote that article is an idiot and should be banned from that site

or that site should just be removed from the internet

It's the OP.

He also has numerous spelling and grammatical errors to make it look unprofessional.
#58Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:49:58 AM
omega bahumat posted...
Blocktopus posted...
Whoever wrote that article is an idiot and should be banned from that site

or that site should just be removed from the internet

It's the OP.

He also has numerous spelling and grammatical errors to make it look unprofessional.

How about pointing them out then?
#59Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:48:34 PM
Hmm interesting. You haven't pointed any out. Very interesting indeed.
#60LooksLikeRainPosted 2/6/2013 8:01:55 PM
That ult at level 2 OP.

#xander2013
---
I'd arrest you if I had handcuffs.