Why Thresh is OP

#91Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:36:44 AM
1. It is the problems with the abilities I listed which make Thresh OP. If those were nerfed a little, then his entire kit would be balanced with other champs.

2. That is your personal opinion and one that I do not share. Thresh's is better because it goes further and stuns you longer. Not only that but it has a huge damage passive stacked onto it for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

3. HAVING to ward the bushes when facing shouldn't be built into a champion's design. It's like a hidden passive ability.

4. Saying "soul starve him" is a funny counter argument because it is very easy to say do that, but a lot harder in practice. Especially when Thresh is purposely built as a tank. It's not like you can poke him and he will get hurt by it. Shots from an ADC barely hurt this guy. And I play Miss Fortune main.

5. The problem more the free armor than it is the free AP. But even the free AP is problematic because it's just that - FREE. No champion should have a passive that basically grants them 5,000 gold worth of stats.
#92pinkpantherfan5Posted 2/9/2013 12:54:47 AM
Xander7756 posted...
1. It is the problems with the abilities I listed which make Thresh OP. If those were nerfed a little, then his entire kit would be balanced with other champs.

2. That is your personal opinion and one that I do not share. Thresh's is better because it goes further and stuns you longer. Not only that but it has a huge damage passive stacked onto it for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

3. HAVING to ward the bushes when facing shouldn't be built into a champion's design. It's like a hidden passive ability.

4. Saying "soul starve him" is a funny counter argument because it is very easy to say do that, but a lot harder in practice. Especially when Thresh is purposely built as a tank. It's not like you can poke him and he will get hurt by it. Shots from an ADC barely hurt this guy. And I play Miss Fortune main.

5. The problem more the free armor than it is the free AP. But even the free AP is problematic because it's just that - FREE. No champion should have a passive that basically grants them 5,000 gold worth of stats.

1. His kit is too dependent on the hook IMO
2. The windup is terrible and you will only hit blind hooks on the enemies, or baddies.
3. You don't have to ward the bush, it certainly helps though.
4. He is actually quite squishy early on before he gets some souls, no armor gain ftw.
5. Taric gets free armor ap and ad for his whole team. SO OP
---
i dont like my username. so please just call me Mark
"Always 1A" Minigun
#93The-World-SevenPosted 2/9/2013 2:32:01 AM
Xander7756 posted...
Nobody has refuted any of my claims.

Your claims are dumb and you should feel bad.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#94g-cube_mastaPosted 2/9/2013 4:00:17 AM
cmon gamefaqs

dont u remember this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64380912

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#95VoidgolemPosted 2/9/2013 7:50:41 AM
you'd have a case about the stun being OP if he didn't telegraph it for a year.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#96jats605Posted 2/9/2013 8:51:00 AM
Supercuaco666 posted...
I love how Xander ignores every single post refuting his claims.
Well he thinks Darius is OP so what should we expect.

Nobody has refuted any of my claims. Pretending I made spelling errors without being able to point them out or simply saying "Thresh isn't OP" doesn't refute anything.

BUT, more importantly:
You still have yet to answer me or anyone else on why something that can't be done in real life is a glitch (despite being there for literal years), in a game with flame wielding children and crystal scorpions.

I'll keep posing this until you answer.

---
Blitz shouldn't be able to pull through walls either. That is a nonsensical glitch that Riot really needs to fix. --Alex Hinkley/Xander7756
#97kiba312Posted 2/9/2013 9:12:54 AM
Sir Spiffy Cape posted...
Enjoy the undeniable proof that Shaco is very stronk and that Thresh is easily countered.

As long as Thresh is with a good adc he can't be countered unless you pummel him in a 1v5
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#98PhoenixEgg88Posted 2/9/2013 9:34:40 AM
As a support/tank player. Thresh is good. But no one ever bans him and leona. So I've always got a good tank at hand :D
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#99Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:36:53 AM
kiba312 posted...
Sir Spiffy Cape posted...
Enjoy the undeniable proof that Shaco is very stronk and that Thresh is easily countered.

As long as Thresh is with a good adc he can't be countered unless you pummel him in a 1v5

Yeah go on LolKing.net and look at his win ratio when he lanes with Miss Fortune. They are practically unstoppable.
#100D4rthN1hiLuSPosted 2/9/2013 1:09:13 PM

BUT, more importantly:
You still have yet to answer me or anyone else on why something that can't be done in real life is a glitch (despite being there for literal years), in a game with flame wielding children and crystal scorpions.

I'll keep posing this until you answer.

---
Not so fast, Fire Guy! FC:3781-0746-9759, refer to me as Nirvana on wi-fi