Teach me how to carry harder!!

#21SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:14:06 PM
I don't mind that the question is on gamefaqs. Like any other site I'd expect the distribution to be like a bell curve, and I know there are a few helpful and high ranking people on this site.

I can confidently say that I not only win my lane but I utterly crush it. It is only a matter of time before I rank up, I am just looking at more effective methods to get there. It isn't that I doubt some are in similar situations as me, but many of the threads here it appears that will think they are in the same boat but have x20 the number of games and still do not rank up >.<;;;
#22xMikhalxPosted 2/5/2013 1:23:36 PM
Well, just duly note that counterjungling is only effective if you come on top with either an objective, a kill, or both. If none of those criteria are fulfilled, you just set yourself and whoever came with you back. I highly recommend Stonewall008's videos/commentary/opinion. He knows what he's talking about if you're interested/ever visit his youtube channel. I think he quit coming to gamefaqs.

I main jungle and have jungle timing down (or just note that when your blue is up, theirs is too; you can follow and set up camp at the bush and kill them as they walk to take it or steal the blue golem itself.) As a mid laner with a long ranged spell, if you can take blue when the enemy jungler is donating it and get away safely, it allows your jungle to take blue buff and gank more, while you denied them blue + wasted jungler/mid laner's time. It's double whammy.

Honestly, from what I read with your other threads, it really is just a matter of time until you get higher. Beyond mechanics, which this game isn't very complicated, you just need to be knowledgable and pick which options you have that will provide you with the greatest returns/success rate.
#23SeaIntoTheSky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:36:33 PM
Are you doing these tactics based on the premise that you want to shutdown their frontline in the early game and if the game stalls long enough than even if my ADC is a little behind he will eventually catch up for late game?

Also in terms of buff control since it is at the moment hard for me to predict my jungler's movements unless I spoon fed them, as I also sometimes have to do for my allies builds it is still difficult to secure. I think I like the option of killing their jungler better since I always place wards in their jungle anyway.(Switch some of my time from camping bot to killing their jungler) So I might go for this option.

One thing I like about going bottom was getting easier dragons if the bottom lane knows what is going on. But I think your method achieves that as well since their jungler is too weak to contest it. And I should be able to handle the enemy ADC anywhere during the early-mid game.

Thanks for the help so far^^
#24reaver89Posted 2/5/2013 2:27:41 PM
Herostratus_ posted...
imo the trick is to get better teammates

This is a team game, so unless you're are good and know how to pick people off one at a time, you still need your teammates to be somewhat durable meatshields. If not better.

That being said, pings. Use them to direct idiot teammates. I ended up having to do this last night as a jungle Diana after Ryze decided to go AD, Ashe was pissed at Ryze for taking mid from her, and Blitz was pissed at Ryze for going AD, and good guy Nasus quietly struggled against Fiora top as I started converting to a tank.

Ashe got fed, because Nocturne had horrible ganks, but somehow so did Fiora (no one's fault, not sure how it happened) and everyone started getting caught constantly. So I started directing people through pings.

Got them to target Fiora first and when she was alone. Got Nasus to take out top towers while the rest of us got taken for a ride at bot at one point. And pinged the jungle where predicted they were trying to take our red.

They don't always listen to the pings, but it helps point out opportunities that they may not be paying attention to. Honestly, I am thankful for that Nasus though. Only one who didn't whine and surrender.

TL;DR: You're going to get crappy teammates. It's better to try to make them better if possible, than to just try to carry them.
#25JennaTahliaPosted 2/5/2013 2:31:32 PM
Duo with me, Schmelton, I carry
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#26crondizzlePosted 2/5/2013 2:38:35 PM
if you're 11/1 and lose theres no excuse. Learn to push your advantage and push objectives.

the game is all about OBJECTIVES, not kills. The whole point of getting kills is to allow you to secure objectives.
#27JaggiJumperPosted 2/8/2013 1:32:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pRvXo2p.jpg

Team score was 4/13 when I was 3/0/0, and the enemy team took dragon. They had pushed top to the inhib turret, and were overall dominating. But me and Thresh (the Thresh was about average, maybe a bit above, he seemed like he never wanted to pull or lantern), we were owning bot so hard that we drew aggro from top, mid and jungle. We endlessly pushed and zoned, and I just got to the point where I was rallying my team to fight, I got a double, our Morde went from 3/4 to 8/4 the next fight due to coming in late, and we won the game.

THAT'S HOW YOU CARRY.

JUNGLE FEEDING? NP

MID GETTING CAMPED? NP

TOP FEEDING? NP
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****