So if you move up a division..

#1LithspPosted 2/5/2013 8:07:35 PM
..by winning your 2/3.. if you lose your first game in the new division, is it straight back to your old one and you have to do the best of 3 again?
---
[]Signature[]
#2Herostratus_Posted 2/5/2013 8:09:01 PM
When you start off in a new division at 0 LP, I think you need to lose 3 in a row to move down.
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
http://i.imgur.com/ogpq6ul.png
#3WasabiLinusPosted 2/5/2013 8:09:37 PM
I feel like while its a chore to move up in divisions its so much easier to fall down.

I think that when you lose a game at 0, you should be put on probation, where if you lose 2 out of the next 3 games, then you get moved down.
---
There is some shenanigans going on in here
http://www.zoetrope.com/files/pri/99005/peanuts.jpg
#4Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:11:30 PM
Herostratus_ posted...
When you start off in a new division at 0 LP, I think you need to lose 3 in a row to move down.

Ah, fair enough. Hope that's the case.
---
[]Signature[]
#5FandomOfRandomPosted 2/5/2013 8:32:32 PM
WasabiLinus posted...
I feel like while its a chore to move up in divisions its so much easier to fall down.

I think that when you lose a game at 0, you should be put on probation, where if you lose 2 out of the next 3 games, then you get moved down.

That's even worse than losing 3 in a row...
---
Congratulations! You just lost the game!
www.losethegame.com
#6_RaveMaster_Posted 2/5/2013 8:37:35 PM
I lost 4 in a row in a division and didn't get moved down. I Dropped like 40 points though.
---
~Rave
#7bobguydude1Posted 2/5/2013 8:37:58 PM
WasabiLinus posted...

there was a riot post about that some time ago and they said they talked about doing that and that the conclusion was that they wont do it.

that was wordy, Im sorry.
---
YOU BROKE RNG!!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!- insane_pyro74
#8EDumeyPosted 2/5/2013 9:59:40 PM

The logic to not do something like that is that people will be on a probationary period and decide to just not play instead. Better to stay in their league than be demoted. They have a whole thirty days before any time of decay occurs, and that's only if they're at least silver.

Better for Riot to just say "You've got a small window of error once going into a new division! No sweat!"
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#9Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:30:26 AM
Another question now.

Since you can't drop from gold to silver or whatever, but the Elo matchmaking system is still about, could you get to Gold division, lose loads of games in a row so you are now matches against baddies, and then stomp your way to higher divisions because you would basically just be climbing back from like 700 Elo to where you were, but now you're also gaining LP.

I'm sure you'd gain less than usual if you're gold and are playing against people who are about 800 Elo, but is it still possible to jib the system in this way?
---
[]Signature[]
#10_RaveMaster_Posted 2/7/2013 2:35:27 AM
Lithsp posted...
Another question now.

Since you can't drop from gold to silver or whatever, but the Elo matchmaking system is still about, could you get to Gold division, lose loads of games in a row so you are now matches against baddies, and then stomp your way to higher divisions because you would basically just be climbing back from like 700 Elo to where you were, but now you're also gaining LP.

I'm sure you'd gain less than usual if you're gold and are playing against people who are about 800 Elo, but is it still possible to jib the system in this way?

You would get very minimal LP this way. Instead of wining like 8 in a row you'll have to win 20 in a row. Not to mention you will have baddies on both teams so it might be a toss up on who has worst baddies. Short answer = bad idea
---
~Rave