This system is a joke. /rage

#1mrg59Posted 2/6/2013 2:00:12 AM
I lose one game at zero points. ONE. SINGLE. GAME. And it demoted me, all the way to FIFETY F***KING POINTS. ARE YOU F***KING KIDDING ME? It was a 4v5 too, which I am absolutely AMAZED that riot still punishes people for 3 years later. ONE GAME to get DEMOTED. At 50 points, thats at least FIVE games to move back up. AND ONLY IF ITS ALL WINS. This system is a joke, I basically just lost what, 100 elo from one game? Or what is a better comparison, losing 50 elo per game, gaining 10 per game.

I'd love to beat the crap out of the idiot that designed this system.

P.S. The whole division/tier rank up thing is not the problem. The fact that it takes one loss to fall, and minimum 5 to go back up is the complete and utter BS part.

I know this is just a rage topic, but this is the worst change to hit this game in its history. Sorry to rage so hard, but this is pathetic, this system. Its WAY less skill based and WAY more luck based. I used to carry myself out of elo hell to high silver/low gold. Now I can't even carry myself out of bronze.
---
IGN- Kitts
#2_RaveMaster_Posted 2/6/2013 2:04:23 AM
I've gotten to the point where I gain about 2 or 3 points more than I lose per game. I think it either comes from sucking too many games or playing enough where it even outs. I've been in Silver II since the system came out.
---
~Rave
#3Lord GrahfPosted 2/6/2013 2:07:44 AM
I lose one game at zero points. ONE. SINGLE. GAME. And it demoted me, all the way to FIFETY F***KING POINTS. ARE YOU F***KING KIDDING ME? It was a 4v5 too, which I am absolutely AMAZED that riot still punishes people for 3 years later. ONE GAME to get DEMOTED. At 50 points, thats at least FIVE games to move back up. AND ONLY IF ITS ALL WINS. This system is a joke, I basically just lost what, 100 elo from one game? Or what is a better comparison, losing 50 elo per game, gaining 10 per game.

I'd love to beat the crap out of the idiot that designed this system.

P.S. The whole division/tier rank up thing is not the problem. The fact that it takes one loss to fall, and minimum 5 to go back up is the complete and utter BS part.

I know this is just a rage topic, but this is the worst change to hit this game in its history. Sorry to rage so hard, but this is pathetic, this system. Its WAY less skill based and WAY more luck based. I used to carry myself out of elo hell to high silver/low gold. Now I can't even carry myself out of bronze.

It's the same system. Nothing about matchmaking changed in any way.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#4Viewtiful_JonPosted 2/6/2013 2:15:17 AM
If you have carried yourself out of bronze to high silver/ low gold in the old system, what are you doing back in bronze now?
#5ShibiscuitPosted 2/6/2013 2:17:43 AM
for clarification, if you're at 0 points, does this mean you go down a division if you lose?
---
Chivalry is what women call the convenient side of double standards.
#6HeroshiX2Posted 2/6/2013 2:19:10 AM
Shibiscuit posted...
for clarification, if you're at 0 points, does this mean you go down a division if you lose?

You're supposed to have a grace period upon ranking up so it doesn't demote you for a couple games or so.

However I'm not sure on how long it lasts.
#7ShibiscuitPosted 2/6/2013 2:30:28 AM
i haven't played a single ranked game yet since S3, and I'm Silver I 0 points, so I'm probably gonna de-rank if I lose T_T
---
Chivalry is what women call the convenient side of double standards.
#8mrg59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:01:45 AM
Viewtiful_Jon posted...
If you have carried yourself out of bronze to high silver/ low gold in the old system, what are you doing back in bronze now?

I usually spend the first 1-2 months of a pre-season playing champs I usually don't play, to figure out who I jive with after changes go into effect. This usually leads to more losses than wins as I play with builds and play style etc, as theorycrafting on paper has a 99% chance of doing nothing for you. And I do this in ranked, as normals are a joke. 1/2 games don't even follow the meta, and you only get to play your role that you want to practice in 1/3 of the remaining 1/2 of games (1/6 of games).

So, I fall to 1000-1100 or so until I find the 3 roles I can play well with 1 primary champ in each role, and then learn the champ that gives me the most trouble playing against (so I can play them if mine is taken). Then climb up. But I usually climb up gaining/losing ~13 elo a game. Not losing 50 points and gaining 10.
---
IGN- Kitts
#9mrg59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:39:23 AM
Just lost 7th in a row. 3 games in a row with 2 tops no jungle because people arguing over top. Not even like I'm trolling them arguing, I'm even taking support. This games community is the most pathetic and toxic thing I have ever witnessed. I love how people here talk about COD kids. I played COD like 4 years ago. It is nothing, and I mean NOTHING compared to this. You are pathetic if you think any game has a community as bad as this one. DOTA2 is toxic, but they are toxic when you are bad. LoL is reversed. and for every 100 bad players, there are 10 ok players, and 1 good one.
---
IGN- Kitts
#10SlaynPosted 2/6/2013 3:41:55 AM
I trolled my way to 0 LP, forgetting that you can lose a division. After 3 games I am at my qualifiers.

It is not so bad.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116