How to build Malphite and Hecarim?

#1KrKABUT0Posted 2/6/2013 7:22:40 AM
I really enjoy playing them but I find my damage to be really low late game. I can tank okay but I feel it's not enough. Usually I get Warmog's and Thornmail for both of them but I'm not sure where to go after that.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#2onemoment1985Posted 2/6/2013 7:27:07 AM
Did you try Iceborn Gauntlet?
---
LOL name: OneMoMan
PSN:onemoment
#3mantana888Posted 2/6/2013 7:44:09 AM
Malphite:

Whichever boots
IG
Wits End
Warmogs
Sunfire
Whatever

Hecarim:

Normal build -

Whichever boots
IG
Spirit Visage
Wits End
Warmogs
GA

Fed as heck build -

BoM
BC
Warmogs
Gunblade
IG
MS
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#4ShadowD00mPosted 2/6/2013 7:45:58 AM
I'm not sure if you jungle them or top lane them. But with Hecarim, if you jungle him get spirit of the elder lizard, it will help you deal nice damage especially mid game. If laning get Black Cleaver and get iceborn gauntlets if you are either laning or jungling.

For defensive stats on Hecarim get Spirit Visage even if there is only one AP caster on the other team, I recommend SV because of the increase in healing your W will grant you. So for Hec the offensive items are Spirit of the Elder Lizard/Black Cleaver and Iceborn Gauntlets. Defensive items SV, Warmogs and I prefer Randuins over Thornmail. And lastly boots differ on what you need for the match.

As for Malphite I don't use him, but I'm sure his build can be very similar to Hecs.
---
Gamer Tag: Ultimated00m
LoL IGN: Rezem
#5KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:53:59 AM
Thanks guys that helped a lot. I lane with both of them.
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#6XcZeus3469Posted 2/6/2013 7:57:01 AM
mantana888 posted...

Hecarim:

Whichever boots
IG
Spirit Visage
Wits End
Warmogs
GA

this is ok, but get rid of wit's end in favor of lizard elder. there's nothing like setting everything on fire while you heal insane amounts.
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#7mantana888Posted 2/6/2013 8:17:42 AM
XcZeus3469 posted...
mantana888 posted...

Hecarim:

Whichever boots
IG
Spirit Visage
Wits End
Warmogs
GA

this is ok, but get rid of wit's end in favor of lizard elder. there's nothing like setting everything on fire while you heal insane amounts.

Yeah, I just threw Wits in there since I figured he might want some AS, but lizard elder is probably better.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#8rawchiefPosted 2/6/2013 8:57:04 AM(edited)
This is how I Jungle malph:

Ninja Tabi- Almost always get this item unless enemy team has very fed or several high damage ap champs. $1000

SAG: HAs all the stats a malphite wants plus the tenacity. $2300

Unholy Grail: I typically get the basic grail early. This enables you to give your mid blue and
still let you clear your jungle quickly and basically stay in play as long as desired plus gives you a bit more damage through ap. $2600

Frozen Heart: Cements your anti-carry role and if you rune and mastery like I do, gets your CDR to 39%. $3000

Warmogs: Most games are already over but if not or you took all the kills, then hey, more survivability for you. $2830

6th item: whatever, game should have been way over by now.

Total Build cost: $11,730

Edit: And I just realized he was looking for a lane build. So I'll just leave this here for anyone curious about a jungle build.
#9Reaper_MinionPosted 2/6/2013 8:56:52 AM
I'm just going to drop a quick hint: never build Thornmail unless you are against 3 autoattackers or the enemy ADC focuses you all day, in which the game is already won anyway.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#10LordMordorPosted 2/6/2013 9:17:08 AM
Hecarim core:
Choice boots (mercs, swifties, mobility)
Lizard elder
Iceborn gauntlet
Spirit visage

This core gives him max CDR, great damage, and tanking ability

Follow that up with a warmogs to basically become unkillable
Top off the build with your choice of offensive items (black cleaver is a good choice since he applies it in an AoE with Q)
---
This election year....vote the Dark Lord Sauron
He promises better healthcare and free Rings of Power!