How to build Malphite and Hecarim?

#11Black_AssassinPosted 2/6/2013 10:31:15 AM
Reaper_Minion posted...
or the enemy ADC focuses you all day

Who else would the enemy ADC focus if you're smacking his face constantly?
#12iXCelticXiPosted 2/6/2013 10:35:52 AM
mantana888 posted...
Malphite:

Whichever boots
IG
Wits End
Warmogs
Sunfire
Whatever

Hecarim:

Normal build -

Whichever boots
IG
Spirit Visage
Wits End
Warmogs
GA

Fed as heck build -

BoM
BC
Warmogs
Gunblade
IG
MS

Why would you get GA on Hec...
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#13Hyper InfernoPosted 2/6/2013 11:10:11 AM
Lizard Elder is pretty cool on Hecarim because the damage procs on everything you're affecting with your W and Q, meaning it provides a lot of damage for the heal on W.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#14mantana888Posted 2/6/2013 11:20:57 AM
iXCelticXi posted...
mantana888 posted...
Malphite:

Whichever boots
IG
Wits End
Warmogs
Sunfire
Whatever

Hecarim:

Normal build -

Whichever boots
IG
Spirit Visage
Wits End
Warmogs
GA

Fed as heck build -

BoM
BC
Warmogs
Gunblade
IG
MS

Why would you get GA on Hec...

It has a good mix of armor and MR.

The passive allows you to go man-mode and take the enemy carry out of the fight early on, while giving you a back-up plan if your team is slow to react.

And between Warmogs, SV, and his W, he should be able to sustain himself for a good amount of time after reviving.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#15Reaper_MinionPosted 2/6/2013 12:10:23 PM(edited)
From: Black_Assassin | Posted: 2/6/2013 8:31:15 PM | #011
Reaper_Minion posted...
or the enemy ADC focuses you all day

Who else would the enemy ADC focus if you're smacking his face constantly?

At that point he should be focusing on surviving and repositioning, not killing you, because there's no way he can kill you fast enough without peel.

Obviously, ADC's hit whatever they can without putting themselves at risk, but Malphite and Hecarim are pretty much never going to be priority targets.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#16Village IdiotPosted 2/6/2013 12:14:11 PM
For Malp, if you're laning, then an early Philo followed by building against their lane.

If they're AD, then build towards a Glacial Shroud.

If they're AP, then build towards an Abyssal (Negatron first).

If they're someone you can bully and harrass via Q, Doran's Rings if you're ahead.

That'll get you through the laning phase.

Your goal is to get them within your combo death range once you ding 6.

Afterwords you want to build tanky to prepare for the team fights.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#17KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:49:30 PM
Bump, more tips are always appreciated
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#18HyperShadow4321Posted 2/9/2013 10:23:53 AM
I tend to play Malph on solo top, or on bottom with a good partner. My build is usually something like this:

1. Start with Doran's Shield. This usually makes me beefy enough to where I can hang around until at least 6 without having to B.
2. Ninja Tabi.
3. Iceborn Gauntlet (starting with Glacial Shroud)
4. Sunfire Cape
5. From here, if my team is a bit on the squishy side, I'll tend to go for Warmog's. Otherwise, Abyssal Scepter or Liandry's Torment are good choices. I tend to play with my friend who uses characters with movement inhibiting spells a lot, so LT's burn effect does extra damage (look up the item... it's pretty nifty).
6. By this point, the game is usually about over. If it goes on for a long time, I usually end up with some combination of the above items. I pretty much always go for the first four steps exactly everytime though. It's pretty rare that I have a bad game with Malph.

Keep in mind that Malph's Q and R gain extra damage through AP, while his E actually gains extra damage through your defense. So extra armor on Malph is never a bad thing. With this build that I typically stick to, I rarely have issues not doing enough damage with Malphite. Against tankier characters, yeah, you might have issues, but Malphite trumps most champions 1v1 still. Also, when initiating team fights... try to aim your R for where it will hit the most champions at once (getting several hits with his R followed up by his E can be devastating and make the enemy team IMMEDIATELY start running).

As far as "what to do", the other posters are right. You want to be able to combo them to death by 6. This is easy as hell laning against squishy characters. Nobody really seems to ever expect Malphite's damage, so usually if you can poke them down to 2/3ish HP (maybe not even that much depending on the character), then you can usually go R to clear the gap and knock them up, then E for the shockwave, Q for when they start running away, and then W to finish them off. If SOMEHOW they get away, then Ignite or Q again since the cooldown is pretty short.

If you're feeling ballsy pre-6 and your enemy isn't playing very defensively and is squishy (and they aren't hanging too close to their turret), then once you get Malph's Q and E you can often hit them with Q, clear the gap with the movement boost, and hit them for more damage with your E. Sometimes I can manage an early pre-6 kill this way. At the very least, you can wound them pretty badly and maybe force them to use a summoner spell or have to B early, or set them up for an early gank by your jungler.

Hope this helped some.
#19VoidgolemPosted 2/9/2013 10:28:20 AM
Hecabro: IBG.

Malphite: Liandry's

BEHOLD ALL THE WINNING.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#20KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:12:24 PM
Alright thanks guys very appreciated
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.