How does everyone feel about the new sightstones?

#11Suffer_NotPosted 2/6/2013 1:26:10 PM
I think the only support I would rush it on is Sona because she kind of really needs HP in any way that she can get it. For others, by the time I can afford it the laning phase is probably over and I need more wards anyway, so I might as well be building parts of Aegis or whatever.

It really depends on the situation. I've not had enough experience bot lane since the change to be fully sure.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#12MrFail(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:52:41 PM
tlalynet0 posted...
I've made it an extremely late game item if the enemy isn't warding or I have oracles and don't need pink wards. Its an HP+wards slot and slightly better than a just ward slot in that case.

It's not a rush buy though.

I can get behind that idea. I just don't think it should be rushed as often as a g/10.
#13HempitupPosted 2/6/2013 2:02:15 PM
Blue_Iron posted...
Yeah, WAY too expensive
980 GP for 2 wards is just too damn much, i'd rather just buy normal wards and rush my aegis asap instead

---
I Don't Always Feed, But When I Do I Get Reported.
#14The-World-SevenPosted 2/6/2013 2:04:29 PM
tlalynet0 posted...
I've made it an extremely late game item if the enemy isn't warding or I have oracles and don't need pink wards. Its an HP+wards slot and slightly better than a just ward slot in that case.

It is expensive to rush, but it is certainly not a late game item. The sooner you buy it, the more you get out of it.

I would rush the hell out of it if my lane is doing well ,treating it sort of like the new HoG / Kindlegem as the HP would allow me to play more aggressively. In an even lane or worse, I'll be getting the item much much later, finishing Philo first, but I'd work on Sightstone right after because having to buy all those wards in the interim slow it down by a lot.

Unless an AP is really fed, building Aegis is just not what it used to be. I finish Locket before Aegis now.

Ruby Sight + 1 or 2 pinks is all I ever need ever ever ever. If you don't need to pink, just get Ruby Sight + regular wards.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#15BhelliumPosted 2/6/2013 2:10:32 PM
Great for tanky supports
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#16The-World-SevenPosted 2/6/2013 2:11:10 PM
Bhellium posted...
Only for real men

---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#17Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/6/2013 2:14:01 PM
I've been treating it pretty much like HoG. Aim for a Ruby Crystal on my first back, then get SS on my second back and enjoy my wards and virtual GP10
---
And then John was a zombie.
#18ArtosRCPosted 2/6/2013 2:20:22 PM
I've been treating it pretty much like HoG. Aim for a Ruby Crystal on my first back, then get SS on my second back and enjoy my wards and virtual GP10

Pretty much this.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://i48.tinypic.com/xkx5kw.gif http://i48.tinypic.com/2lmp349.jpg
#19tlalynet0Posted 2/6/2013 2:20:49 PM
The-World-Seven posted...
tlalynet0 posted...

It is expensive to rush, but it is certainly not a late game item. The sooner you buy it, the more you get out of it.

I would rush the hell out of it if my lane is doing well ,treating it sort of like the new HoG / Kindlegem as the HP would allow me to play more aggressively. In an even lane or worse, I'll be getting the item much much later, finishing Philo first, but I'd work on Sightstone right after because having to buy all those wards in the interim slow it down by a lot.

Unless an AP is really fed, building Aegis is just not what it used to be. I finish Locket before Aegis now.

Ruby Sight + 1 or 2 pinks is all I ever need ever ever ever. If you don't need to pink, just get Ruby Sight + regular wards.

That's still 2 slots for warding. 5 real wards > 2-3 ghost wards. 5 real wards in one slot >> 2-3 ghost wards+another slot for the other 2-3 wards...

I'm saying the only time its worthwhile is when you have 5 full items+oracles and enough gold to straight up buy it and get the HP out of it while hanging onto a few wards.
#20vincentvalentinePosted 2/6/2013 2:22:56 PM
the upgrade one should give you pink wards instead...
---
Beware the spirit of retribution, beware the Night Angel...