I always insta-dodge whenever someone has flash on d

#21Phoenix_HeartPosted 2/6/2013 8:08:01 PM
D is for dodge (flash)

F is for fire (ignite)
---
I'm starting to wonder if all the mods on this site are the same person, and if that person is even old enough to be here.
#22dotsdfePosted 2/6/2013 8:11:18 PM
I keep my fingers on QWER, and Flash on T. I always found it awkward to hit D or F quickly from my index finger being on R, and would sometimes hit the wrong one.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#23xLilxPhoPridePosted 2/6/2013 8:56:15 PM
If you don't have flash hotkeyed to your mouse's back key, then you aren't skilled enough.
#24FandomOfRandomPosted 2/6/2013 9:02:41 PM
P00DGE posted...
How do you people know where their summoner spells are?

I for one have custom controls for every one of the games I ever play. By principle, I never use defaults, i erase the preset controls before even looking at them and map them out myself.

In League, I use F and C for summoner spells, and if I am using flash, it is always on C.

WASD are the buttons I use to rotate the camera around the map while playing

Q2ER are my spells. 1 and X for usable items.

Rotate camera??
---
Congratulations! You just lost the game!
www.losethegame.com
#25P00DGEPosted 2/6/2013 9:05:12 PM
FandomOfRandom posted...
P00DGE posted...
How do you people know where their summoner spells are?

I for one have custom controls for every one of the games I ever play. By principle, I never use defaults, i erase the preset controls before even looking at them and map them out myself.

In League, I use F and C for summoner spells, and if I am using flash, it is always on C.

WASD are the buttons I use to rotate the camera around the map while playing

Q2ER are my spells. 1 and X for usable items.

Rotate camera??

Well, move the screen around. You know, how if you move your mouse to the edge of the screen and the camera moves around the map? Well I find using the mouse to do that inefficient, plus i am so used to using WASD for movement, that I just use those keys to move the camera around.
#26JackDaniels1964Posted 2/6/2013 9:17:35 PM
I don't take flash, Clarity + Revive OP
---
Hot and Dangerous badazz Style 2013 GG WP
#27AmarajahPosted 2/6/2013 10:14:17 PM
Amarajah posted...
I insta-dodge whenever I see flash on F.

If you need to take flash on F because the matching letter is the only way you'll remember what button it's on, then you don't have the mental capabilities to compete at a decent level. Everybody with a brain takes flash on D because it's quicker to reach than F.

How the F is it quicker to reach D than F when they are both one key below your middle and pointer finger of the left hand respectively, if you have your four fingers on QWER. They're both the same.

By default, my hand as always rested naturally on shift (pinky), A, W, D, then space for my thumb. Years of PC gaming and FPS games have made this feel natural. I just tried doing a QWER finger placement and it felt awkward as hell.

IDK about other people, but i can actually use different styles for different games and its fine to me. Using the same finger setup for every game would feel terrible.