Question about supports

#1ISimonBelmontIPosted 2/6/2013 2:03:57 PM
Can someone give a list of all the champions that make good supports? I know characters like Blitzcrank, Lux, etc. are not listed as supports but can be used as such.

Also, who are the best supports for each ADC? I heard Graves + Taric is real good, but who is the best supports for Ezreal, Ashe, Miss Fortune, etc.? I want to know how to synergize well with any ADC.
#2SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 2/6/2013 2:34:12 PM(edited)
ISimonBelmontI posted...
Can someone give a list of all the champions that make good supports? I know characters like Blitzcrank, Lux, etc. are not listed as supports but can be used as such.

Also, who are the best supports for each ADC? I heard Graves + Taric is real good, but who is the best supports for Ezreal, Ashe, Miss Fortune, etc.? I want to know how to synergize well with any ADC.

These are your traditional supports:
Alistar
Blitzcrank
Janna
Leona
Lulu
Lux
Nami
Nunu
Sona
Soraka
Thresh
Zyra

As for synergy it is both dependant on your ADC and the enemy composition, so that one is a little harder to answer. In general if you play correctly a Kill Lane > Sustain Lane > Poke Lane > Kill Lane. For now I'd just gain experience picking anything you want so you will get a better feel for the game. Hope this helps^^
#3ISimonBelmontI(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:48:09 PM
Thanks for the helpful response. The next support champs I wanna get are Blitz and Leona.
#4kaysa13Posted 2/6/2013 6:53:58 PM
You may want to take Nunu first before Blitzcrank. As Blitz is always banned anyway, Nunu is one of the best, if not THE best support, in the game.
---
This is a signature.
#5Master_PwnerPosted 2/6/2013 6:59:18 PM
kaysa13 posted...
You may want to take Nunu first before Blitzcrank. As Blitz is always banned anyway, Nunu is one of the best, if not THE best support, in the game.

Blitz is always banned indeed, and Nunu costs 450 IP, so there's really no excuse for not having him in back up.I personally really enjoy playing Sona, I often outdamage the enemy ADC early on, combined with an Ezreal or Caitlyn we can poke them to death and dominate the lane easily.
---
GLACIER FTW
Coq
#6ThanatoszPosted 2/6/2013 7:00:48 PM
If you play draft pick, get leona before blitz.
---
PSN: Pozeidonz
League of Legends: Poseidonsz
#7Zyx-WhitewindPosted 2/6/2013 7:19:40 PM
Just my personal opinion I ranked them by;

1. Blitzcrank
2. Taric
3. Nunu
4. Threash
5. Lulu
6. Leona
7. Alistar
8. Sona
9. Zyra
10.Soraka
11.Lux
12.Nami
13.Janna

Not saying you shouldn't use the bottom ones as all these supports are good in their own way and some supports can counter others as well.

Feel free to post your own thoughts.
---
I lost my Game FAQ account...
#8FvPPosted 2/6/2013 7:20:56 PM
Taric / Nunu / Lulu / Zyra / Sona / Leona

Only supports you need
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#9LaqOfInterestPosted 2/6/2013 7:21:32 PM
SeaIntoTheSky posted...
These are your traditional supports:
Lulu
Lux
Zyra

l0l
---
R.I.P. Paintballreturns 1/29/2013
"hello i'm laqifunterest and you're watching dosney channel" - DarkestPanda
#10PraetorianGhostPosted 2/6/2013 7:41:57 PM
Zyx-Whitewind posted...
Just my personal opinion I ranked them by;

1. Janna
2. Blitzcrank
3. Taric
4. Nunu
5. Threash
6. Lulu
7. Leona
8. Alistar
9. Sona
10. Zyra
11.Soraka
12.Lux
13.Nami

Not saying you shouldn't use the bottom ones as all these supports are good in their own way and some supports can counter others as well.

Feel free to post your own thoughts.

Fixed
---
Note: All posts come with a giant invisible asterisk stating:
"All statements expressed are opinions unless specifically stated otherwise."