High latency

#1MagiaIcePosted 2/6/2013 5:52:16 PM
So I've made topics about this before, but does anyone think Riot will finally take care of this? About 2 weeks before the season 3 patch I stopped getting ping spikes and they started again after it, it's really unplayable and I'm getting dragged down lower into "League Hell". So does anyone have this problem as well and as I asked first does anyone think they'll take care of this soon?

Before someone says, "it's your connection," it isn't. I've tried everything possible on my end including contacting my ISP and asking people with the same ISP who play and live near me. And also, yes, it is only on LoL.
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the front door..."~Me
Nami is my waifu
#2JennaTahliaPosted 2/6/2013 5:55:32 PM
I've been getting lag spikes but....

L0L lag made u lose r0fl make more excuses
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#3MagiaIce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:57:16 PM
I've been getting lag spikes but....

L0L lag made u lose r0fl make more excuses

No, not that making me lose but the fact that my teams feed and I can't enter team fights because of the lag and I end up dying on my way there.
---
Nami is my waifu
#4Herostratus_Posted 2/6/2013 6:02:33 PM
check your antivirus. I had to replace MacAfee
---
LoL IGN: Yossarian42
http://i.imgur.com/ogpq6ul.png
#5g-cube_mastaPosted 2/6/2013 6:07:00 PM
I was about to recommend you to firebind but apparently now they charge money for their tests which is... Unbelievable.

I think your problem is that something is either using the ports league of legends needs to operate or they aren't open for league for some other reason. Look up tutorials on how to manually open your ports and use the info on support.leagueoflegends.com to find out which ports you need to open.

As another point, I had svchost.exe (not the virus the actual windows host process[es]) cause me to have ping spikes because it would randomly decide that when I'm playing league is the best time to do background and upgrade checks. You can sort of circumvent this by messing with process priorities but it is a bandaid at best.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#6MagiaIce(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:25:44 PM
I was about to recommend you to firebind but apparently now they charge money for their tests which is... Unbelievable.

I think your problem is that something is either using the ports league of legends needs to operate or they aren't open for league for some other reason. Look up tutorials on how to manually open your ports and use the info on support.leagueoflegends.com to find out which ports you need to open.

As another point, I had svchost.exe (not the virus the actual windows host process[es]) cause me to have ping spikes because it would randomly decide that when I'm playing league is the best time to do background and upgrade checks. You can sort of circumvent this by messing with process priorities but it is a bandaid at best.

Another thing I forgot was that my ping is usually fine until about 2-3 PM eastern when everyone starts getting on.
---
Nami is my waifu