Why don't I see Riot/League commercials on T.V.

#1g-cube_mastaPosted 2/6/2013 5:54:31 PM
WoW had those Mr. T commercials about being a night elf mohawk.

You'd think with all their growth and the money pouring out of their rectums that they'd start to advertise a bit at least.

Would probably help spread the knowledge about a "free" to play game and get more people to try it out. Maybe even have a code in the commercial for a free champ (obv some jank 450 champ) to get people to try the game.

As it stands, a lot of people I know still haven't heard of the game or if they have they haven't given it a second thought.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxv1a21aHC1qk0exx.gif
#2zeppelin312Posted 2/6/2013 5:57:14 PM
I'm still wondering why half of the online ads I've seen for it say season 1
#3boktai3Posted 2/6/2013 5:57:41 PM
because gamers and tv viewers don't go handf in hand, many gamers, if they are looking for a game, dont go to the tv, they go on the pc and look for it, its not the same viewer base.
#4Mouse_CrousePosted 2/6/2013 5:57:45 PM
You never gonna believe this, but someone on the internet agrees with you. They should run some on channels like Syfy and Spike.
#5angermngment101Posted 2/6/2013 5:59:02 PM
Perhaps they dont believe they need to at this time. Maybe they are saving it till their popularity starts to die down, so that they could reach a new market and stay alive a little longer.
---
Gamefax
#6g-cube_masta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 6:02:12 PM
because gamers and tv viewers don't go handf in hand, many gamers, if they are looking for a game, dont go to the tv, they go on the pc and look for it, its not the same viewer base.

I disagree. Almost all audiences are available. They could advertise during WWE RAW or something like that that has a viewerbase that probably already overlaps with current LoL players but still has a lot of people that don't.

Perhaps they dont believe they need to at this time. Maybe they are saving it till their popularity starts to die down, so that they could reach a new market and stay alive a little longer.

I hope that's not what they're thinking. That's some bunk backwards thinking. You market when you're big to get bigger and stay big. If you wait until you start dying down it might already be too late.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#7angermngment101Posted 2/6/2013 6:04:31 PM
I hope that's not what they're thinking. That's some bunk backwards thinking. You market when you're big to get bigger and stay big. If you wait until you start dying down it might already be too late.

Not necessarily. They have a lot of tools to make the game even more accessible to a brand new audience.
---
Gamefax
#8TheDarkNerdPosted 2/6/2013 6:47:17 PM
Would probably help spread the knowledge about a "free" to play game and get more people to try it out. Maybe even have a code in the commercial for a free champ (obv some jank 450 champ) to get people to try the game.

Yi, Yi everywhere.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif