so much for skins not providing an in game advantage

#11angermngment101Posted 2/6/2013 7:25:31 PM
Uh I think that's irrelevant. They're banned for people competing in the LCS. I am fairly certain you aren't so you can do w/e you want.

What im trying to say is... If I put on a custom skin, I get all the fancy particles on my computer, but they dont show on anyone else's screen.

If theres something about the skin that gives some sort of an advantage, then im trying to understand what the difference is.
---
Gamefax
#12flyguy101Posted 2/6/2013 7:27:09 PM
I would agree that some skin's particles are bs, including the new lux. But it should take 5 seconds for Riot to fix that in a patch, they just fail to seem to show interest in doing that.
---
http://theaffectiveperspective.blog.com/
Q.E.D.
#13bstbllPosted 2/6/2013 7:27:46 PM
angermngment101 posted...
Uh I think that's irrelevant. They're banned for people competing in the LCS. I am fairly certain you aren't so you can do w/e you want.

What im trying to say is... If I put on a custom skin, I get all the fancy particles on my computer, but they dont show on anyone else's screen.

If theres something about the skin that gives some sort of an advantage, then im trying to understand what the difference is.

I assume the advantage is that some of the skins' inaccurate particle effects makes them more difficult to dodge. I don't think there are any skins that would actually affect the hitbox, just the spell's appearance. Since you're the only one who can see the files you have on your computer, you wouldn't be harming anyone but yourself.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#14ZileanPosted 2/6/2013 7:30:52 PM
affect the hitbox

iirc Ez's PFE skin had a longer range on his Q
It was slight, but it was still longer.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nJz5c.jpg - League of Legends~
#15Bapps44Posted 2/6/2013 7:32:29 PM
kha zix's skin gives him a waaaaaaaayy better indicator of isolation
#16dennis941012Posted 2/6/2013 7:33:20 PM

+ lux's new skin makes it harder to dodge
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#17Masemune_100Posted 2/6/2013 7:34:25 PM
Bapps44 posted...

It's not like you can't see it easily on normal Kha anyways. And the enemy gets the added bonus of knowing when his passive is up, so that's an advantage for them.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#18g-cube_masta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:22:35 PM
From reddit:

Riot Janook
Hey guys, I'll clear this up now: Yes, some skins are banned from the LCS. This is for spectator readability concerns only, and has nothing to do with balance. Typically, we ban out skins that are particularly "noisy", or very different from the base model. This is to make the action a little easier to follow for you guys.

A LIKELY STORY
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxv1a21aHC1qk0exx.gif
#19Sword_SlasherPosted 2/6/2013 10:33:11 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
From reddit:

Riot Janook
Hey guys, I'll clear this up now: Yes, some skins are banned from the LCS. This is for spectator readability concerns only, and has nothing to do with balance. Typically, we ban out skins that are particularly "noisy", or very different from the base model. This is to make the action a little easier to follow for you guys.

A LIKELY STORY

gg pay to win
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#20HasirePosted 2/6/2013 10:36:02 PM
Zilean posted...
affect the hitbox

iirc Ez's PFE skin had a longer range on his Q
It was slight, but it was still longer.

Turned out Ez's Q had a longer range at level 1 on all skins, it just happened to get found out when 3 million players all started playing Ez on the same day.
---
NA: Hasire