In lane philosophy regarding cs score

#1NeoAndurilPosted 2/6/2013 9:13:52 PM
Lately there has been some discussion about raw numbers of CS at certain times of the game. But I believe it is always better to make out farming your opponent a priority or reaching specific number goals.

this can be achieved through trades and harassment, and pushing cs into their tower etc etc.

My question is, what do you all feel is better? having 60-70 cs by the 10 min mark but your opponent has 30-40 or having 70-80 cs but your opponent also has about 70-80.

Of course the best players can do both and it should be a goal for all of us to do both, but for the sake of this discussion, which is better?
#2JackDaniels1964Posted 2/6/2013 9:15:58 PM
Depending if your teammates can carry or not. If they can, try to deny their CS, if they can't, do whatever it takes to get you farmed
---
Hot and Dangerous badazz Style 2013 GG WP
#3Sword_SlasherPosted 2/6/2013 9:18:38 PM
Having more than your opponent, because at 10 minutes you're still dueling and you want the item/AD lead.
---
Posted from my N-Gage
#4NeoAnduril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:49:01 PM
Having more than your opponent, because at 10 minutes you're still dueling and you want the item/AD lead.

I lean towards this as well but:

Depending if your teammates can carry or not. If they can, try to deny their CS, if they can't, do whatever it takes to get you farmed

this is actually a very good point.
#5SorrySleepingPosted 2/6/2013 9:50:26 PM
I'd rather have 20-40 at 10 if it means my opponent has none. Creating a gold advantage is better than just having gold.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#6PaprikaMamikaPosted 2/6/2013 11:27:44 PM
Getting the lead in cs is one of the definite factors in helping your team eventually. Win your lane and it will pay off.
#7LithspPosted 2/6/2013 11:35:52 PM
Depends who I'm using. If I'm playing someone that I find it hard to farm with early on, I LOVE it when I'm even or ahead of my opponent, if I'm playing someone who can clear a wave easily, then I don't really mind being behind slightly because I know I can catch up eventually, unless they are Morde.

I don't really try to hit X amount of CS at Y time though. If I pull ahead by like 20-30 and can keep extending it, I get a real big head and act like I'm stompin' heads though.
---
[]Signature[]
#8Herbert0Posted 2/6/2013 11:41:10 PM
It depends on the match up for me. If I'm playing Karthus, I would rather have the 2nd scenario.
#9NeoAnduril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:46:08 PM
It depends on the match up for me. If I'm playing Karthus, I would rather have the 2nd scenario.

I think there are definitely cases to be made for both sides. I've only just thought about it one way though. Crush your lane opponent, then help team win.
#10FlareZeroPosted 2/6/2013 11:52:06 PM
Always aim for gold advantage. There's too many nuances in the game to achieve a specific goal each and every time. I'd rather deny my enemy gold than know he's only one wave away from catching up to me (or even surpassing).
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.