How do you beat Garen?

#1GoldenFantasyPosted 2/6/2013 9:21:57 PM
Most of the time I don't lane against him and other people on my team do. The surprising thing is, most of the time, they come out somewhat of ahead against him. Not too behind or not too ahead. And yet somehow late game, he becomes invincible and unkillable. How do I deal with this guy?
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#2JackDaniels1964Posted 2/6/2013 9:23:04 PM
1.Damage him
2.Don't get damaged by him
3.???
4.Victory
5.Get laid
6.Repeat step 5
7.???
8.STD's
---
Hot and Dangerous badazz Style 2013 GG WP
#3HappyDude69Posted 2/6/2013 11:20:50 PM
JackDaniels1964 posted...
1.Damage him
2.Don't get damaged by him
3.???
4.Victory
5.Get laid
6.Repeat step 5
7.???
8.STD's

BEST. ADVICE. EVER.
---
"if i was a women i would kill myself so i would never have the chance to sleep with you" ~Cloneslayer
#4YoketaPosted 2/6/2013 11:29:39 PM
Dat advice. But a more serious response, go ranged. A Teemo can make him sad. If you're melee, make sure to at least poke him every 8 seconds to make his passive useless otherwise he will out-sustain you. Just use positioning and very light poking. When he goes in, use your dash if you have one to get out, then get back in after his E ends to fight.

No dash? Slow or stun him when you see him hit his Q. He will never reach you.
#5LithspPosted 2/6/2013 11:31:58 PM
GoldenFantasy posted...
Most of the time I don't lane against him and other people on my team do. The surprising thing is, most of the time, they come out somewhat of ahead against him. Not too behind or not too ahead. And yet somehow late game, he becomes invincible and unkillable. How do I deal with this guy?

You don't, really.

Teemo can poke him and zone him early game, but Garen owns him later.
Elise can beat him but a smart Garen will just run her OOM and eventually get the upper hand on her, most likely by diving her under turret.

The thing about Garen is you can deny him all you want, he has built in tankiness which means he doesn't really need all that many defensive items to become unkillable, and he has great damage on top of it.

You need to try completely and utterly destroy him and his lane into the ground to really beat him, because he absolutely can come back from a bad start.

Apparently Vayne works well against him, would probably need to buy a FM though, so he blows his Q getting rid of the slow, and then still can't reach you because of condemn.
---
[]Signature[]
#6GujinKamiPosted 2/6/2013 11:32:18 PM
Poke
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/34o99hk.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/23j1t9z.gif
#7LithspPosted 2/6/2013 11:33:01 PM
Yoketa posted...
Dat advice. But a more serious response, go ranged. A Teemo can make him sad. If you're melee, make sure to at least poke him every 8 seconds to make his passive useless otherwise he will out-sustain you. Just use positioning and very light poking. When he goes in, use your dash if you have one to get out, then get back in after his E ends to fight.

No dash? Slow or stun him when you see him hit his Q. He will never reach you.

Can't tell you how many times I've baited people into blowing their stun or slow on me just from me running up to them. Then I Q afterwards and proceed the ownage.
---
[]Signature[]