why does anyone think thresh is bad?

#11Masemune_100Posted 2/7/2013 1:33:56 PM
RealTides posted...
tbh thresh Q is kinda useless

.......................what? W>Q>Q>R>E and you just put you and a bruiser in the middle of their team in a Box.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#12RealTides(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:43:56 AM
well i play ap thresh and i dominate mid but late game thresh seems to fall hard due to his ratios

Masemune_100 posted...
RealTides posted...

.......................what? W>Q>Q>R>E and you just put you and a bruiser in the middle of their team in a Box.

that would work, if you were planning on dying every gank since people pretty much just hammer you instead or running out of your ulti/box
#13Sir Spiffy CapePosted 2/8/2013 4:24:09 AM
RealTides posted...
well i play ap thresh and i dominate mid but late game thresh seems to fall hard due to his ratios

Masemune_100 posted...
RealTides posted...

that would work, if you were planning on dying every gank since people pretty much just hammer you instead or running out of your ulti/box

That's what the E at the end is for. You flay them into the wall whether they want to run out or not.

But really, AP Thresh is stupid. You have free AP from soul collection, and you have poor ratios. Why would you spend enormous amounts of gold for subpar damage when you can do OK damage with no investment? If you really want damage just buy 2 BTs and all tank. Whack someone for 600 magic + 300 physical damage every 10 seconds. That's like having 500AP anyways with your 1.9 total ratio and enormous cooldown, and I am not aware of any item combination that can give you 500AP in 2 item slots. Not to mention Q is not very reliable for bursting, it can be blocked or missed easily thanks to long windup that telegraphs the move, cutting down your ability damage even further.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt
#14EcchiBakaPosted 2/8/2013 4:34:17 AM
RealTides posted...
topic.
and no im not talking about support thresh
but AP thresh which is what he was designed to be

That's like saying Lulu was designed to be an on hit solo top laner.
---
LoL: Ecchi Baka/TheGreatestBaka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2TZhhHOlTA)
Currently reading: Freezing, To-Love-Ru, and a lot of other titles
#15HyperShadow4321Posted 2/8/2013 4:43:10 AM
He's not bad, he just seems difficult to use. My friend plays him okay, but he's a pretty good aim with skillshots and is in general good with support characters. Most of the time when I see a "bad" Thresh player, he misses his grab 4/5 times, throws out the lantern too late, and thinks he can handle himself solo (getting ganked in the process) when I'm B'ing back to base to heal/buy items.

The thing with the lantern is that it can save your life in tough situations; however, you have to be paying attention to notice it. A lot of times I'll be in the middle of some chaos (a bunch of minions, champions, skills going off) and Thresh will throw his lantern into the middle of it to save me. I start running away to save my life and get rushed down and killed and Thresh just asks "WTF Y U NO USE LANTERN?". I didn't use it because I couldn't see it. The idea is to throw your lantern a somewhere between you and the champion you're trying to save, so he doesn't have to run TOWARDS the enemy team to grab it...

But yeah, Thresh is a cool guy when people know how to use him.
#16MagiaIcePosted 2/8/2013 4:57:29 AM
While we're on this topic, what happened with Zed? When he was released people would be like "LOLzed sucks," whenever I'd play him and we'd win... Now everyone's playing him. :(
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the front door..."~Me
Nami is my waifu
#17lightdragoon88Posted 2/8/2013 7:21:58 AM
His E has low damage and the AP doesn't really add much to it.

The Box has long cooldown and the base damage is good enough for a kill.

Really AP is only good for the lantern but the AP from the souls last enough for the 6 secs it gives.

AD Thresh with the Q passive can still support well with the lantern but can do WAY more damage than a AP Thresh.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#18The-World-SevenPosted 2/8/2013 7:27:28 AM
Master Of The Dead posted...
He doesn't have great Ratios IIRC. 1.9 across his entire damage kit. I'd have to look at other APs but that seems low to me.

^
/topic

Thresh does have very very low AP ratios. The only one that doesn't suck is on his ulti.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis