Broken kit-off: Game Breaking Supports

#11Blarg92Posted 2/7/2013 8:32:19 PM
Blitz in solo queue, Thresh in organized teams. But I still voted for Blitz.
---
Michael, I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be.~Office Space
#12The-World-Seven(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:35:10 PM(edited)
the word 'broken' is more noob qq bait than an actual invitation for serious discussion about anything.
i think adding Hero of TIme hid the purpose of this topic really well.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#13JaggiJumperPosted 2/7/2013 10:59:24 PM
Leona, but only if CLG liNk is playing him
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. Aphoristic (12:31): all you do is b****
#14CovenantPosted 2/7/2013 11:01:29 PM
Taric and Sona where?

Riot admits Sona is broken just on the basis of having an AE CC ult.
#15YanaChangPosted 2/7/2013 11:05:36 PM
Voted Leona.

Then went to a friends house and voted Leona again from his computer.
---
IGN - Yana Chang
Matt is Legion's Carry Support. Leona #1 Waifu
#16SlaynPosted 2/7/2013 11:08:50 PM(edited)
Covenant posted...
Taric and Sona where?

Riot admits Sona is broken just on the basis of having an AE CC ult.

Then why isn't Alistar...

Sona 1.5s stun 100s CD 1000 range line

Alistar 1.5s stun 13s CD 182.5 range PBAE UNAFFECTED BY TENACITY
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#17CovenantPosted 2/7/2013 11:12:02 PM
Slayn posted...
Then why isn't Alistar...

Sona 1.5s stun 100s CD 1000 range line

Alistar 1.5s stun 13s CD 182.5 range PBAE UNAFFECTED BY TENACITY

I don't even consider Alistar a support. He's a roamer/jungler. His kit is terribly broken, though.

The bolded parts are what I consider the main difference between them.
#18Suffer_NotPosted 2/7/2013 11:24:54 PM
Taric does not have a broken kit. His kit is strong because of the current meta where physical damage and armor reduction are a big deal, but if you go back as far as the World Championship he was only picked once (and he lost that game). Sona, Leona, and Alistar all had far bigger impacts because having AoE CC on supports was a big deal 4 months ago and Taric wasn't contributing anything to those teamfights outside of his support items and aura.

I would constitute that a broken kit is one that does not depend on a meta shift to be strong. Blitzcrank has displacement, hard lock down, an aoe silence, and tons of mobility. Leona has tons of cc and natural tankiness. Alistar has tons of cc and natural tankiness. Sona has her damage/resistance/mobility auras, a slow and a damage debuff, and has her aoe stun. Lulu has hard lcok down, a huge aoe slow, and can both peel and initiate for her team. These supports are pretty much always good.

Janna, Soraka, Nami, Taric, and Nunu all depend on their team comp and the enemy team comp to fit in, but when they do fit in they can do just as well or better as their contemporaries.

I'm unsure about Thresh. He's got some major flaws (his soul collection and range make him easy to harass) but he also has a bunch of potential (hook yourself to an enemy over a wall, pull yourself to him, drop lantern to yank an ally over there, and you've negated a flash escape for no ss cost). His kit is probably broken, but the numbers aren't really there for him to work right now. Or so I think. I'd love to see more of him in action to better get a feel for him, but he has a low popularity and win rate right now so you don't see too much of him :/
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#19Alakazam_fanPosted 2/7/2013 11:57:05 PM
3 stun diana
---
He asked if it was possible for a male human to have a sex with a female horse. He even drew a diagram; I think a stepladder was involved.
#20Alakazam_fanPosted 2/7/2013 11:57:19 PM
Alakazam_fan posted...
3 stun diana

lol dianna. I am smart.
---
He asked if it was possible for a male human to have a sex with a female horse. He even drew a diagram; I think a stepladder was involved.