Everyone should not be allowed to play Ranked games. My proposal

#1AStrawhatPiratePosted 2/8/2013 5:58:27 AM
Once you hit 30 there should be some kind of boot camp or some kind of restrictions before you are allowed access to ranked games. I am shooting in the dark here, but I think there should be something like:

-You have to have won the majority of your last 10 games. If you have more losses then wins you have to play normal games again until you win. Bot games are okay.

-There should have a list of champs that can fill each role, (ADC,Supp,Jungle,Mid and Top that will always be updated) and you have to have at least 3 wins with one champ out of each list before you are allowed to play ranked. You can start working on this on your way to level 30.

-If you have disconnected or went afk recently, you should be banned from Ranked games until you play 5 games in a row without a d/c or afk.

-Being marked for unskilled so many times should put a limit on your account that allows you to play only 3 ranked games a day for a week. You can lift the ban early by winning all 3 games in a single day.

-Being marked for trolling, feeding or negative attitude should result in a one month ban from Ranked and put you on a warning (which means you are being watched closely) for your normal games.

I know these may seem silly to some, but I honestly don't see how this can negatively affect people who actually play ranked to win. Even if the "more Wins than Loses" rules catches some people who are playing to win, it wont be hard for them to get back in ranked. If you can't get get your W/L above 50% then you probably shouldn't be playing ranked at the time.

All in all it could be a much more effective way of weeding out all kinds of toxic players. The ones that play ranked on a horrible internet connection, the ones who troll, people that play ranked but have no idea how to jungle or support, people the queue up but only have 15 minutes to play, the rage quitters, the Negative Nellys and inexperienced players who need to learn the game more. In general people that ruin the ranked game experience for the majority of players.

Let's face it, reaching level 30 and owning 10 or 15 champs isn't enough to qualify you to play ranked games. Since this is a team game the fact that you have to rely on your own individual skills to carry bad players to victory is not the way this game should be played. It's a two part negative. The first negative is that you are playing as an individual mentality when this game should be played with a team mentality. The second is that you are bringing very undeserving players up higher on the ladder that honestly have no business there.

May I have some thoughts on this? Maybe I don't understand enough about the community or how much work is involved in actually implementing something like this. But as I stand, I fully believe that this kind of system could greatly help this community.
---
LoL: Stank Dangerous
#2PrintScreenKeyPosted 2/8/2013 5:59:47 AM
^ blames teammates for his inadequacies.
#3JennaTahliaPosted 2/8/2013 6:04:32 AM
screw it not even worth playing ranked then. now you just look like a tryhard whos willing to jump through all these hoops just for epeen
---
gibe moni pls
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#4I_love_SunnyDPosted 2/8/2013 6:04:42 AM
You have to have won the majority of your last 10 games. If you have more losses then wins you have to play normal games again until you win. Bot games are okay.

Maybe bot games count ruins this.

-There should have a list of champs that can fill each role, (ADC,Supp,Jungle,Mid and Top that will always be updated) and you have to have at least 3 wins with one champ out of each list before you are allowed to play ranked. You can start working on this on your way to level 30.

Eh, disagree. This wouldn't really do anything to show people can actually play the lanes unless it was having 3 wins with one champ out of each list consistently.

-If you have disconnected or went afk recently, you should be banned from Ranked games until you play 5 games in a row without a d/c or afk.

This would be good.

-Being marked for unskilled so many times should put a limit on your account that allows you to play only 3 ranked games a day for a week. You can lift the ban early by winning all 3 games in a single day.

-Being marked for trolling, feeding or negative attitude should result in a one month ban from Ranked and put you on a warning (which means you are being watched closely) for your normal games.

Maybe to the first thing, def not to the 2nd, people would just troll mark like they already do. Only they would do it way more.

Either way you're going to get bad players constantly, you would hardly even notice the difference.
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#5HabnotPosted 2/8/2013 6:10:29 AM
JennaTahlia posted...
screw it not even worth playing ranked then. now you just look like a tryhard whos willing to jump through all these hoops just for epeen

Being unable to first pick Shen is a three month ban.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#6AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:10:48 AM
PrintScreenKey posted...
^ blames teammates for his inadequacies.

Not all the time no. Since this is a team game, I think every person that has ever played this game at some point blamed a teammate for a loss. My personal experience happens to deal with afkers and d/c. I can carry bad players, not all of them but a lot of them.

In season 2 I hit gold, then to try to prove a point to my cousin, I brought myself down to like 600 or 700 elo. Elo hell is real lol. It took me months to fight my way out and I've never got back to where I use to be, even though I am a much better player now.

But this proposal isn't about me, it's about everyone and the way (I believe) Riot wants this game to be played. I play on my friends Gold I account and I can carry games SO much easier there than where I currently am on my own acct which is Bronze 1 I think.

Instead of sitting here, hoping I get lucky enough to get out of where I am, I would like a chance to have skill actually pull me up. I know I can get better and I am not the best player. A fair chance is all I ask. My last 3 games in ranked have all had disconnects on my team. I won 2 of 3 and that's cause one of them was 2v5 from the 6 minute mark.

Either way, I am just trying to see if my tiny voice can reach all the way to Riots ears
---
#7Master Of The DeadPosted 2/8/2013 6:19:51 AM
You think everyone that plays ranked should have over a 50% win rate?
---
Gamertag: Dayy Hughes ~~~~~ Summoner Name (LoL EUW): Arcanine -----www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
#8AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:29:48 AM
Master Of The Dead posted...
You think everyone that plays ranked should have over a 50% win rate?

Of their last 10 games
---
#9egakcapPosted 2/8/2013 6:41:22 AM
TC, i am right there with you. Anyone who disagress is probably a toxic bronze elo sheep imo
---
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9414/proryzebuild.png -my pro ryze build
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6766/mazatsuuu.jpg
#10YoketaPosted 2/8/2013 7:49:41 AM
Honestly, just set a few limits. Doesn't need to be so in depth. You must have:

1. A certain amount of games played.
2. A certain amount of IP spent on runes.
3. At least 3 Rune pages.
4. A certain amount of champions owned above 3150 IP.

Meet those 4 standards and I'd played ranked with you, given a correct scaling on the numbers.