I am still convinced that jayce is a top 3 top

#1VikillaVPosted 2/8/2013 2:47:39 PM
i'd say he's #2 behind elise. even after nerfs i can still carry with him because of the utility, cc and burst he brings. he fits in well with a lot of team comps and has pretty safe laning.
---
shouts to redfield, rtc3, crescente, humpa, hansen, earl
http://i.imgur.com/tCE969M.jpg?1?7624
#2mrg59Posted 2/8/2013 2:49:32 PM
He is a pretty safe choice, which I like. And if you know what you're doing, he beats the balls off of teemo, who usually beats the balls off of safe choice tops.
---
IGN- Kitts
#3FlareZeroPosted 2/8/2013 2:53:04 PM
He's great for team fights because his poke damage is insane and has tons of utility. However, I'd rather just play it safe with him in lane and disengage whenever possible. He just doesn't do enough damage to be dueling any more.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.
#4SorrySleepingPosted 2/8/2013 2:54:02 PM
Jayce got buffed from the BC/LW and being able to pen a TON of armor and Manamune being an awesome item. It is just annoying every time I got top, I face Wukong and can't seem to do well enough against him.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#5Stalky24Posted 2/8/2013 3:02:40 PM
He is #1 top in the game, since his lvl 1 scaling is extremly high (2.2 AD) if you pick Q lvl 1 (which is great choice if you dont expect lvl 1 gank).

What you can do is run AD marks and quints and whatever you need from the rest (armor or mres) and start with Red Elixir, ward and 4 pots (or 3 pots+1 mana pot) and run offensive tree.

Noone can trade with you and after 3 minutes you accumulate such a huge advantage that those 250 gold wasted wont matter. Especially since you can get kill or two with good jungler.
#6_HeXPosted 2/8/2013 3:03:49 PM
Stalky24 posted...
He is #1 top in the game, since his lvl 1 scaling is extremly high (2.2 AD) if you pick Q lvl 1 (which is great choice if you dont expect lvl 1 gank).

What you can do is run AD marks and quints and whatever you need from the rest (armor or mres) and start with Red Elixir, ward and 4 pots (or 3 pots+1 mana pot) and run offensive tree.

Noone can trade with you and after 3 minutes you accumulate such a huge advantage that those 250 gold wasted wont matter. Especially since you can get kill or two with good jungler.

both his winrate and lolking toplane charts disagrees with you.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#7Stalky24Posted 2/8/2013 3:08:10 PM(edited)
_HeX posted...
Stalky24 posted...

because that matters, right?
#1 very few people know how abusive his early scalings are with proper build
#2 he takes skill to play properly, but he is very popular, which means a lot of terrible Jayces who rush Trinity Force or Manamune (srsly Id rather run Clarity than build Manamune unless we play poke-comp with nidalee and caitlyn).
#8_HeXPosted 2/8/2013 3:19:42 PM
Stalky24 posted...
_HeX posted...
Stalky24 posted...

because that matters, right?
#1 very few people know how abusive his early scalings are with proper build
#2 he takes skill to play properly, but he is very popular, which means a lot of terrible Jayces who rush Trinity Force or Manamune (srsly Id rather run Clarity than build Manamune unless we play poke-comp with nidalee and caitlyn).

Actually it does, numbers don't lie. They are a sample pool from all the different brackets (bronze, silver, gold and plat) and Jayce has 6 common toplane match-ups with a win rate above 50% which doesn't even make him one of the top 5 toplane champions.

In the scenario's you're presenting apparently those laning against Jayce is just gonna sit and eat harras freely, any decent player will know how to zone him out and use the brushes to their advantage. You don't see Jayce a lot in the higher brackets (now divisions), and there is a reason for that.

But of course, you know best.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#9Masemune_100Posted 2/8/2013 3:55:49 PM
The only reason no one plays Jayce at high elo anymore is because Elise is better than him right now, and they do essentially the same thing.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#10hawkeye2188Posted 2/8/2013 3:58:43 PM
I think hes the best champ overall. He is a solid choice because of his versatility. I don't understand why more people don't play him.
---
GT: hawkeye2188