Good Nasus Build

#1ISimonBelmontIPosted 2/8/2013 3:10:04 PM
After reading about how Nasus got buffed, I'm interested in trying him out, just bought him.

I'm using this guide currently: http://www.lolpro.com/guides/nasus/139-nasus-guide-top-lane-by-sydtko

What other items should I be using? Heard criticals worked good with him now...Infinity Edge? SotD?
#2SorrySleepingPosted 2/8/2013 3:17:59 PM(edited)
Crits builds are going to be a joke and Q critting is most likely a bug.

This build skips out on 5% CDR (made up in the next patch), doesn't use defensive Quints, and has no alternate build path. Nasus needs to counter his lane opponent, get 40% CDR, and if needed, buy a Sheen item (should be IBG now). Hyfe's guide is better by miles.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#3angermngment101Posted 2/8/2013 3:18:11 PM(edited)
Heres the thing:

you cant afford to get crit chance on nasus. You cant afford it.

You want to get tanky ASAP, and 40% CDR or close to it ASAP. So combine tanky + CDR items.

If you are doing well, get Triforce somewhere in your build.

Other than that, good items are:

Spirit visage
Frozen heart
Merc tread/Ninja tabi
Locket
Shurelia (most situational).

You see a theme here?
---
Gamefax
#4zefigPosted 2/8/2013 3:22:23 PM
I'm confused, that's not Hyfe's guide.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#5Aerodrome2Posted 2/8/2013 3:24:57 PM
Depends on your lane.

I go:

Philostone > Mercs > Frozen Heart/Spirit Visage depending on lane and team comp > Get the one you didn't get (usually SV) > Sheen > Bulwark > Turn sheen into either Triforce or Gauntlet (I like Triforce if you want that crit chance unless you have crit runes or something) > Sell philo and get GA/Warmogs or buy a Shurelya's if your support is dumb and doesn't have one.
#6genericname1234Posted 2/8/2013 3:29:27 PM
Yeah that's a really bad build. Berserker greaves are useless on Nasus. Also good luck getting enough gold for a frozen heart, trinity, and a runic bulwark in a normal game. If you have that much money the game is already won.

Nasus needs to adapt his build to the situation. You'll want either a philo or a flask for laning. Philo is good since it builds into Shurelya's. CDR plus an active that helps him deal with getting kited is great for nasus. The mana regen lets him get some more Q farm.

There's nothing wrong with grabbing a doran's shield for lane if you're having a hard time--especially if you're against a ranged opponent.

Frozen fist is a great buy for Nasus. CDR, sheen procs, and the ability to slow people to prevent getting kited. I'd generally avoid rushing a sheen on Nasus though. Once you get the sheen though you can exchange with a few people in lane. Getting the glacial shroud first is typically better.

Kindlegems are awesome. Health and CDR. Fairly cheap. Builds into Spirit visage and Shurelya's.

Getting a warmogs isn't a terrible idea. With his ultimate a mogs and a frozen fist Nasus has good survivability.

Don't be afraid to use tp early to get back to lane to keep farming. Later you'll want it to get into fights.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#7zefigPosted 2/8/2013 3:31:16 PM
genericname1234 posted...

Don't be afraid to use tp early to get back to lane to keep farming. Later you'll want it to get into fights.

*to two-shot towers.
---
Wii FC: 1686 5820 3040 7075
XBL: PettyAlchemy
#8Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/8/2013 4:32:20 PM
angermngment101 posted...
Heres the thing:

you cant afford to get crit chance on nasus. You cant afford it.

You want to get tanky ASAP, and 40% CDR or close to it ASAP. So combine tanky + CDR items.

If you are doing well, get Triforce somewhere in your build.

Other than that, good items are:

Spirit visage
Frozen heart
Merc tread/Ninja tabi
Locket
Shurelia (most situational).

You see a theme here?

Yeah, TF is the most crit chance you'll be building. And even then you won't build it every game.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#9VoidgolemPosted 2/8/2013 4:42:15 PM
Crit seems good until you remember that you have to be in melee to crit.

and the only times you get into melee with Nasus are earlygame - when you suck and don't have crit - or if the enemy team is bad at the game.
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg