Is there a way to try items in this game?

#1Ky KiskyPosted 2/8/2013 7:31:14 PM
I know you can play against the computer but you still need to farm.. For expensive items, it can take a while.

I am not 100% on what the items do yet. So far I've only been using "recommended" items. Are things recommended in this game good or is a custom build better?

I am using Ahri and need magic resist since I am always stuck mid lane with another mage. All the magic resist recommended items are expensive as hell.. By the time I get it, I need other things because it's time for team fights!!

Also why's so so slow!? It's like I can't out run anyone, but everyone can chase me down...
#2xDarknezzxPosted 2/8/2013 7:33:26 PM
assuming this is a serious topic, buy boots of speed quite early on and upgrade them later so you dont move like a tortoise
#3genericname1234Posted 2/8/2013 7:43:31 PM
You can filter items by what properties they give. Just buying a mull mantle cloak will give you some magic resist.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#4POkemon_PoWeRPosted 2/8/2013 7:46:49 PM
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ahri/
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#5TheDarkNerdPosted 2/8/2013 7:48:27 PM
The listed price of recommended items takes into account the cost of all its ingredients. You don't have to buy the item in one go, you can choose what ingredients you feel would give you more immediate benefit, and work towards buying the recommended item you're aiming for.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#6MetleonPosted 2/8/2013 7:48:46 PM
All of Ahri's mobility comes out of her ult. If it's down, you're just as slow as everyone else.

IMO, you really need to play a couple of PvP games with a champ before you can really know what to build and when. The recommended items are nice, but could lead you astray. (One of Renekton's recommended items is Atma's Impaler, which isn't really useful on him. Maw of Malmortius is also listed as an offensive item, despite only being useful if you're getting bursted by APC's.)
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#7Ky Kisky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:04:47 PM
Your right, you can't have recommended items in this game because the situation can change.

Though with Ahri's low speed and low HP I don't think buying any HP+ items will help much vs anybody because of her poor mobility.

She really. can't outrun anyone.... not even with boots of speed (cause everyone else gets them too which puts all your running speed back to square one).

If I am at the back of a team and I get targeted without Ult, I am a sitting duck. I flash away but they just chase me down anyway.... My only savior sometimes is ghost, but I usually exchange this for exhaust (helps me get away) or ignite.
#8RedZarakiPosted 2/8/2013 8:21:42 PM
Rylai's + Charm threats.

Also, kill them more quickly.
---
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7388/spectrumf.jpg