An Open Challenge to prove Elo Hell doesn't exist.

#1AStrawhatPiratePosted 2/9/2013 12:21:29 AM
To be clear, I believe in Elo Hell. I've experienced it. But people who have never been there are ignorant to this fact and claim that there is no such place. Let's start off with what Elo Hell is.

Elo Hell is being stuck at a certain Elo level where you are matched with players who feed, troll, AFK, D/C, Rage Quit or just generally don't know crap about this game about 90% of the time you play ranked. The game now relies more on luck than skill to get you out of this elo level.

So that place that you say doesn't exist but you have no physical proof. Yet you also say that "if you are good enough, you can carry yourself out easily". This is where I want you to put your money where your mouth is.

I challenge someon that is Gold I or higher (95% of the ppl here talk so big so I know that you guys have to be Gold 1 an up) to purposely drop their Elo down to Bronze V. Once you are there, I want you to easily climb you're way out of Elo Hell.

I will have you on my friends list and document your progress. This will prove once and for all that Elo Hell is real or is in fact just an excuse made by unskilled people.

I am also willing to put my money where my mouth is. If you successfully make it back to Gold Elo within a month of being in Bronze I, I will purchase 10 skins and 10 champs for you this year. If you own all champs, Ill give you the RP to purchase the next 10 champs. Money is not a problem for me.

I just want to see this happen since there is so much talk here. And honestly if you truly believe your words, then why wouldnt you take this offer for free easy RP right?

So who will step up to shut up all the whiners once and for all?
---
LoL: Stank Dangerous
#2PersianWafflesPosted 2/9/2013 12:22:47 AM
inc reep.
---
LoL: PersianWaffles
#3zeppelin312Posted 2/9/2013 12:26:35 AM
There have been tons of people who have tried this and proven if you are that much better than your surrounding players you can rise up. ex. reep
#4belgerixPosted 2/9/2013 12:28:45 AM
I personally dont believe in elo hell even though i can see how some people do, as I've almost succumbed to the thought. However, the challenge here lies in climbing the divs with the new system, which may or may not have induced a REAL elo hell
---
"I just upgraded to Toasters 7."
Lol ign: Darushiro
#5DeadpooL7Posted 2/9/2013 12:31:05 AM
People have done this plenty of times... there are even sites you can pay to play your Bronze 5 account and carry you all the way to Plat.

How do you think they can do that? Cause theyre good enough to carry.

Lastly your idea wont work anymore, you cant drop divisions. So a Gold I member can only drop to Gold V. They cant get all the way down to Bronze.
#6WayavasPosted 2/9/2013 12:34:06 AM
YOUR THEORY IS HIGLY FLAWED

If you are stuck in elo hell, then your team is full of noobs, but also the enemy team is full of noobs, so if you dont deserve to be in elo hell maybe you can carry your team to victory...yes you are going to lose some games but everyobne loses from time to time, the point about elo is that the more you play the more accurate it becomes, so if you keep going down on elo then maybe you might have some flaws you cant see because you are too busy seeing other people flaws
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#7DeadpooL7Posted 2/9/2013 12:36:03 AM
Also ill add I think you have to be better than just good to carry....

Like you can be in bronze and be better than everyone else there. A top Bronze player, but not good enough to carry to Silver. Yet if you were in Silver you would be fine and fit in just right.

I think you need that extra skill to get there, more than you need to play there.
#8AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:36:49 AM
Aww the divisions blocked me :(

Oh well. I was just willing to watch someone do this for my entertainment really. Of course it can be done. I got to Gold in season 2 and took myself down to Bronze to prove Elo Hell wasnt real, but then I couldnt get out lol.

I had to study and learn the game SOOOOO much to get out. It wasnt hard after that, but I've never made it back to gold.

The real reason is when I was playing in Gold I was playing about 5 to 6 games a day, now I only play 5 - 6 games a week and apparently thats the problem
---
LoL: Stank Dangerous
#9SoraOwnsAllPosted 2/9/2013 12:39:17 AM
I challenge someon that is Gold I or higher (95% of the ppl here talk so big so I know that you guys have to be Gold 1 an up) to purposely drop their Elo down to Bronze V. O

look up reep

gg no re get ****ed
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#10TwoForTragedyPosted 2/9/2013 12:52:40 AM
I'm only Silver 1 and I would LOVE to play at bronze v.