An Open Challenge to prove Elo Hell doesn't exist.

#11Lord GrahfPosted 2/9/2013 12:57:08 AM
To be clear, I believe in Elo Hell. I've experienced it. But people who have never been there are ignorant to this fact and claim that there is no such place. Let's start off with what Elo Hell is.

Elo Hell is being stuck at a certain Elo level where you are matched with players who feed, troll, AFK, D/C, Rage Quit or just generally don't know crap about this game about 90% of the time you play ranked. The game now relies more on luck than skill to get you out of this elo level.

So that place that you say doesn't exist but you have no physical proof. Yet you also say that "if you are good enough, you can carry yourself out easily". This is where I want you to put your money where your mouth is.

I challenge someon that is Gold I or higher (95% of the ppl here talk so big so I know that you guys have to be Gold 1 an up) to purposely drop their Elo down to Bronze V. Once you are there, I want you to easily climb you're way out of Elo Hell.

I will have you on my friends list and document your progress. This will prove once and for all that Elo Hell is real or is in fact just an excuse made by unskilled people.

I am also willing to put my money where my mouth is. If you successfully make it back to Gold Elo within a month of being in Bronze I, I will purchase 10 skins and 10 champs for you this year. If you own all champs, Ill give you the RP to purchase the next 10 champs. Money is not a problem for me.

I just want to see this happen since there is so much talk here. And honestly if you truly believe your words, then why wouldnt you take this offer for free easy RP right?

So who will step up to shut up all the whiners once and for all?

I'm Gold V and I dropped myself to 501 Elo on purpose. That's in the bottom 1% of all players.

Once I got sick of it, I took three weeks, played a ton of games, and carried myself back to 1300 with no problems. I won 85% of my games until 900 Elo, then 70% until 1200.

This is what my match history looked like, in general.

http://i.imgur.com/g7V4Oqa.jpg

And here's me at 501 Elo.

http://i.imgur.com/o9EiTEu.jpg

And here's me now.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/29178639#history

And I'm not even very good at this game.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#12Lord GrahfPosted 2/9/2013 1:00:42 AM
I personally dont believe in elo hell even though i can see how some people do, as I've almost succumbed to the thought. However, the challenge here lies in climbing the divs with the new system, which may or may not have induced a REAL elo hell

The new division system is literally the same as the old system, except you don't get to see what your actual Elo is. Your matchmaking hasn't changed in any way.
---
#13TekutsoPosted 2/9/2013 1:04:16 AM
You need to look at the facts son.

Why dont pro players ever get "stuck in elo hell". Why do pro players have multiple accounts at the highest elo? Because there really good, and they will hard carry games up to where they are supposed to be.

Pro-players aside, lets take a look at the average or above average joe. Look at Tinker for example. Have you watched Tinkers stream latley? Im not sure if hes boosting or what but hes been playing bronze-silver games and, LAWL. Ive only seen him play pantheon mid, but i watched like 5 games and he won ALL OF THEM by HIMSELF.

Litterally Tinker is like 20-0 at the 20 minute mark every game, and he was only like 1900 elo and hes playing in 1100-1400 elo gunsmoking everybody winning games by himself.

Elo hell does not exist bro, sorry. Get better.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#14Lord GrahfPosted 2/9/2013 1:06:31 AM
^Not only that, but this guy here:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/39627825

Made his account like two weeks ago. He went like 68-7 with Vi, using double XP boosts, then won like 18 straight games in ranked before starting to lose one every once in a while.
---
#15TekutsoPosted 2/9/2013 1:19:09 AM(edited)
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22309632#history

This is one of the accounts tinker was boosting on. Granted this is derp derp low elo, but i mean, look at the 40 kill pantheon game in ranked. Lol.

Oh and not all of those games were tinker, the lower kill games were probobley his friend hes help getting higher elo.
---
#16TekutsoPosted 2/9/2013 1:20:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17TekutsoPosted 2/9/2013 1:25:53 AM
They all could have been tinker im not sure though, i know the double digit kill games are.
---
#18tpoyoyPosted 2/9/2013 2:10:06 AM
Tekutso posted...
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22309632#history

This is one of the accounts tinker was boosting on. Granted this is derp derp low elo, but i mean, look at the 40 kill pantheon game in ranked. Lol.

Oh and not all of those games were tinker, the lower kill games were probobley his friend hes help getting higher elo.

this tinker fellow seems to pair up with nixon now or fearthereeper in every game

nixon now is reep iirc who won 26 or so syndra ranked games but he also duo'd with this other player who usually when I watched took jungle while reep took mid

how many of these boosting jobs are actually done solo not duo plat or diamond players

i dunno it just seems EVERY single stream of oh I'm climbing out of elo hell like nothing its always a duo havent found one do it solo
#19ssj4supervegetaPosted 2/9/2013 2:34:31 AM
the idea of elo hell is "my team doesnt know what they're doing because they're low elo! but the enemy team is in the same elo and knows how to play!"

theres wehre the idea loses me. why would the enemy team be any different?

its a battle of who has the best noobs in low elo. snowballing is very important if you want to get out of it.

i've found jungling is also the best way to do it since you can affect the game the most with ganks.

duo Qing where one of you is jungle and the other is mid is a great way to do it as well.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#20HotshotJoePosted 2/9/2013 2:34:32 AM
it takes 4 weeks of inactivity to drop from gold to silver and then another 4 weeks to drop from silver to bronze. that is the only current way to drop leagues currently. this challenge would take ppl months of not playing even blinds on their main account to test and prove to you. So how much are you paying this victim? and are you willing to wait 3-6 months for results and proof?
---
That's why I'm streaming LoLz right now and why I have bought 9300 IP on two accounts so far. Because I don't play it. Makes perfect sense ~ Karmic Dragon