Xin v. Riven

#1jats605Posted 2/9/2013 4:38:51 PM(edited)
Is Xin supposed to stomp on Riven top?
Because last game I was in I got absolutely destroyed. He would jump to me, knock me up, and I was dead by the time I hit the floor. Every. Time.

Of course, it's possible I'm just a bad Riven; I don't have a whole lot of practice in with her.
---
Blitz shouldn't be able to pull through walls either. That is a nonsensical glitch that Riot really needs to fix. --Alex Hinkley/Xander7756
#2DarksteelPosted 2/9/2013 4:38:16 PM
jats605 posted...
Xin v. Riven

Out of those two I think that Riven is hotter but that's just me
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#3aHappySackaPosted 2/9/2013 4:38:32 PM
He would have to get three hits in to knock you up by which you should have stunned him, what are you doing during this time? jerking off? it's ok if you are because I do it all the time.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#4jats605(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:40:30 PM
He would have to get three hits in to knock you up by which you should have stunned him, what are you doing during this time? jerking off? it's ok if you are because I do it all the time.

I am trying to run during this time. I pop my W and E, but he can catch up with no problem.
---
Jets on runways with people in them can't be destroyed. Except sometimes they can but not most of the time. --it_r_over9000
#5BhelliumPosted 2/9/2013 4:41:00 PM
yeah because the Riven stun duration outlasts Three Talon
---
If Pluto is not a planet Europe is just West Asia.
#6lightdarkzPosted 2/9/2013 4:42:23 PM

I am trying to run during this time. I pop my W and E, but he can catch up with no problem.

You're doing something wrong, then. One of Xin's early weaknesses is not being able to land his last Q because generally people are able to outrun him. They usually then turn around and combo him after his Q wears off. Considering you also have a dash, you're doing something seriously wrong.
---
Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to shoot them.
GT - Rakyero
#7jats605(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:43:39 PM

You're doing something wrong, then. One of Xin's early weaknesses is not being able to land his last Q because generally people are able to outrun him. They usually then turn around and combo him after his Q wears off. Considering you also have a dash, you're doing something seriously wrong.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not the best Riven.
It just seems like my dash hardly moves me. At all. Ever.
---
Jets on runways with people in them can't be destroyed. Except sometimes they can but not most of the time. --it_r_over9000
#8Reaper_MinionPosted 2/9/2013 4:44:30 PM
You have to trade back. Xin can't do s*** to you after you escape his combo with Q and/or E, so abuse him during that time.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#9Legend_GalaPosted 2/9/2013 4:44:44 PM
mostly a skill matchup until lvl 6 once riven gets her ult, but a well played xin can find ways around it. hard to say. they're both super dmg powerhouses levels 1-2 so it can go either way. you should be able to kite xin around but doing it loses a lot of dmg on your q from having to hop away from his three talon strike.
---
Galafied... when i'm gone your world will prove empty
i promise you will always remember me
#10Shadow_King56Posted 2/9/2013 4:50:07 PM
jats605 posted...
Is Xin supposed to stomp on Riven top?
Because last game I was in I got absolutely destroyed. He would jump to me, knock me up, and I was dead by the time I hit the floor. Every. Time.

Of course, it's possible I'm just a bad Riven; I don't have a whole lot of practice in with her.

Stunning won't help you, his Q outlasts your stun. Xin is probably the strongest pre-6 top their is. All you can do is sit back and play passive until level 6, build health (phage first is usually good), and then go in with your ult up and hope you survive his burst.
---
*Claims Kokonoe Rin, Vita, Nagi, Evangeline, Hanyuu, Cao Cao (KM), Kaguya, and Flonne-sama*