Better AP mid: Xerath or Zyra?

#11SozanekPosted 2/9/2013 9:29:52 PM
Xerath is more about raw power and range, while Zyra brings more utility.

Xerath's burst is one of the best in the game, along with 1300 range on W (plus - it's mostly AoE).

On the other hand, Zyra have more pushing power and utility - huge aoe knockup and aoe snare.

Also, Xerath is harder to play well due to the fact that he's very position and team reliant - if you cannot position well, and your team cannot protect you, then you probably won't be able to carry the game.
---
Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#12GGAGAHCPosted 2/9/2013 10:25:07 PM
They both farm and harass well but Zyra's AoE utility is far superior to Xerath's single-target non-guarantee stun.
---
c|(:B)--|--<
Howdy ya'll!
#13iXCelticXiPosted 2/10/2013 1:46:02 AM
Not giving us much to work with here, chief.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#14_HeXPosted 2/10/2013 1:59:02 AM
aHappySacka posted...
IndianaJones65 posted...
i laned against a zyra as xerath and i must say

zyra

Then you're a bad Xerath (or a bad player in general) if you can't dodge slow skill-shots, Zyra will always lose against a Xerath of equal skill.

lol no, Zyra has more burst than Xerath so if she lands her snare he is dead. His only chance is trying to poke her down from far away.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#15thecrossnkightPosted 2/10/2013 2:17:11 AM
Xeraths strength lies in the fact he can deal true damage pretty much with the Mpen changes. How useful this is is up to you.
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#16mistermikeymikePosted 2/10/2013 2:41:28 AM
_HeX posted...
aHappySacka posted...
IndianaJones65 posted...

zyra

Then you're a bad Xerath (or a bad player in general) if you can't dodge slow skill-shots, Zyra will always lose against a Xerath of equal skill.

lol no, Zyra has more burst than Xerath so if she lands her snare he is dead. His only chance is trying to poke her down from far away.

xerath has more burst than zyra. not sure if serious.
---
So Damn Foxy.
#17_HeXPosted 2/10/2013 2:42:50 AM
mistermikeymike posted...
_HeX posted...
aHappySacka posted...
IndianaJones65 posted...

zyra

xerath has more burst than zyra. not sure if serious.

No, he doesn't. Maybe overtime burst, but he can't drop all 3 ult charges on you at the same time. Zyra does more burst in one combo.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#18HardcoreFtwPosted 2/10/2013 3:02:46 AM
If skills are very even Xerath... Zyra is useful in teams
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.