so jungle vi?

#1Dwhite_1Posted 2/10/2013 2:23:49 AM
ive been seeing it and it just seems way better top. how is she in the jungle?

is it a safe and fast clear time jungle?

what kinda route would one go for her? does she have strong invades

how would she be built and how does her general gank go?
#2TheIceRaptorPosted 2/10/2013 2:29:45 AM(edited)
Dwhite_1 posted...

I'm not really an authority on this but i suppose i can give you general tips

Yes and moderately quick

Wolves blue wraiths red gank top golems then back

build her depending on what your team needs if you need carry/damage get Spirit of the lizard elder and brutalizer then make cleaver and LW if you really need damage Defenitely get OPmogs etc

Her gank would be leading with her ult or Q if you don't have your ult yet. If you lead with ult charge up q to chase down whoever your ganking, If applicable try to hit both people in lane with your e and make sure to attack someone thrice in a row to proc your w

Max E>W>Q
---
Official League Of Legends Board Minister Of sex and sexual activities.
OH slark had his way with you.
#3iXCelticXiPosted 2/10/2013 2:29:43 AM(edited)
TheIceRaptor posted...
Dwhite_1 posted...

I'm not really an authority on this but i suppose i can give you general tips

Yes and moderately quick

Wolves blue wraiths red gank top golems then back

build her depending on what your team needs if you need carry/damage get avarice and brutalizer then make cleaver and LW if you really need damage Defenitely get OPmogs etc

Her gank would be leading with her ult or Q if you don't have your ult yet. If you lead with ult charge up q to chase down whoever your ganking, If applicable try to hit both people in lane with your e and make sure to attack someone thrice in a row to proc your w

Max E>W>Q

Max Q.

RQEW
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#4TheIceRaptorPosted 2/10/2013 2:30:14 AM
E gives you much much faster clear times.
---
Official League Of Legends Board Minister Of sex and sexual activities.
OH slark had his way with you.
#5iXCelticXiPosted 2/10/2013 2:43:23 AM
TheIceRaptor posted...
E gives you much much faster clear times.

Implying Q is maxed for clear speed.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#6G0dSlay3rPosted 2/10/2013 6:23:57 AM(edited)
TheIceRaptor posted...

Max E>W>Q

God no.
This is Kha'Zix all over again, when people didn't realize how good it is to evolve and max his spikes first.

Take W first, max Q first.
Need more attack speed and reliable damage for extended fights(for Tanky Vi)? Max W second.
Need a reliable way to proc your Denting Blows during a quick skirmish(for DPS Vi)? Max E second.

Before lvl 6 ganks:
-hit a target with your Q, wait for AA animation to hit, then immediately press E. Congrats, you just took at least 75% of someone's health.

After lvl 6 ganks:
-Lead in with your ult first or use Q-R combo for massive gapclosing if your teammate has CC to keep the target locked down after your ult.
Alternatively, lead in with ult(knock+disable), AA, Q(another knock and it knock them towards your teammate since Vi's ult places you behind your target), AA, E, AAAAAAA(until it dies or escapes or your cooldowns come up).
Congrats, the target you ganked is now dead or flashed away at the last second.
(Usually 100% dead if your friendly laner was doing a bit of damage during all that.)

Vi's strength lies entirely in her Q.
It does insane base damage and scales great with AD, procs her Denting Blow and knocks targets back a bit, all on a surprisingly low cooldown when ranked up.
So, mobility, damage and utility.
A short cooldown Q means that you can use it to hop over walls and bypass wards without having to wait around for too long.
Q also gives more upfront burst for less mana than E.

Math:
E rank 5 damage & mana cost - 65 bonus AoE damage with no CC for 60 mana (cooldown 8 seconds, can be cast twice quickly, consumes 60 mana for each cast)
Q rank 5 damage & mana cost - 170-340(possible AoE if multiple targets are next to each other) and small knockback for 90 mana (cooldown 8 seconds)

E is usually just used as a quicker way to proc her Denting Blows due to the AA reset, not for raw damage.
If you have 2 charges of E and you manage to hit your Q beforehand, you can sometimes get two Denting Blow procs before the target can even flash away if your combo rotation is smooth enough.

Denting Blow proc does a percentage of the enemy health as damage, shreds their armor and gives you increased attack speed after the proc so you get the next proc faster.
All of Vi's basic skills(excluding her R) and her auto-attacks proc/stack Denting Blows.
Her combo rotation rhythm is actually similar to Riven's, who also uses an AA after each skill.
#7Lord GrahfPosted 2/10/2013 6:33:12 AM
If you're a farming jungler or plan on pushing lanes often, you can max E. It's not terrible.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#8nomorePosted 2/10/2013 7:04:22 AM
I go W->E->QQQQQ (plus R when you can) for jungle.

she is a little on the weak side before 6.
But once you hit 6 she is godly. Seriously feels like cheating.
#9Gun SagePosted 2/10/2013 7:18:58 AM
Personally I do W>E>E>Q, but I do W>E>Q if I plan on ganking sooner.

No matter what, E won't help you more than twice in a single gank unless you have a mini-teamfight as both mids roam and both junglers show up to whatever lane you're at, and you're probably the last one alive...

Leveling E only really helps to farm, as in a gank it's not gonna come up a third time. In the jungle on the other hand, having it at a higher level will give you more charges to farm with... Useful, but not nearly worth maxing first.

Q starts off at an extremely high cooldown but lowers down to a... 5 second cooldown? Lower CD than E, can still hit every jungle creep, gives your passive shield, applies a stack of Denting Blows, moves you through walls to quicken up your jungle a little bit, does more damage than E, etc etc.

The sooner you get Q on a low cooldown, the sooner your ganks are just stupid scary on every lane all the time. When you can Q in, ult, and Q again soon after, it's just stupid powerful. She's probably got the easiest ganks in the game. If you're farming with her, you're doing it wrong. Rush a warmogs if you're forced to farm, and just towerdive everyone... You really have no need to care at that point.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#10niioPosted 2/10/2013 8:12:37 AM
Max Q first always. There has literally never been a time as Vi when the extra damage on E was better than the extra damage and CD on Q.

I always pick up a cleaver. Her E and Q applies it to groups and I find it Essential on her.
Afterwards build tanky. Like extremely tanky, your damage will fall off late game and I find it more useful to be alive longer and peel for your carries, and take damage from other more suitable damage dealers.
---
Real Life has bad lag. It took Jesus 3 whole days to respawn. If that's not terrible lag I don't know what is.