Would Brand do well against Yorick bottom lane Dominion?

#1KintaroOekunPosted 2/10/2013 10:08:04 AM
Hello,

I usually play bottom lane on Dominion and I was wondering if Brand would be a good hero to purchase to fill that role. I usually have trouble dealing with Yorick on that lane so I've been expanding my hero selections. So far I haven't found a good hero that can deal with him or at least be on par.

P.S. I was hoping to have another option other than mirror picking Yorick.

Thanks for any help guys.
---
KintaroOekun:D
D'Alar Este Kaz' taRov
#2MetleonPosted 2/10/2013 10:12:58 AM
Well I don't know much about Dominion, particularly bot lane dominion, but as far as far as solo lanes against Yorick go, you want to use a champ with sustain. Cho'gath and Vladimir can both sustain well against his constant poke.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#3MrChompletPosted 2/10/2013 10:15:22 AM
I think i know why you feel like brand will be a good choice, with his ult and conflagration using his ghouls as a target (to hit yorick) but they can also block the sear from his stun. If you want to try and counter yorick, cho'gath is possibly the best pick, he can sustain off the ghouls with the passive, and you'll get to level 6 much faster in dominion for the free health. Also take note that yorick deals magic damage with his w and e, which is what he mainly uses to harass you early on, so an early null magic mantle (later into abyssal or spirit visage) can work well.

overall, brand isn't really that good of a pick, you're unlikely to get your stun off against a good yorick.
---
White friend code: 3096-1227-8680
Black friend code: 4041-2884-1602
#4KintaroOekun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:18:23 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm just getting a game in and I can feel Chogath's presence already. I think the key factor is my ability to sustain along with Yorick. I've been able to deal with his ghoul harass so far with my passive heal.
---
KintaroOekun:D
D'Alar Este Kaz' taRov
#5AzezoPosted 2/10/2013 10:41:55 AM
I would avoid vlad, the healing reduction aura makes your early game a bit weaker, Chogath might be ok.

The only thing i know that can flat out survive are maokai (wont win though and depends on enemy yorick) and Nunu, (bit harder early but should out sustain easily with CDR can force yorick out of lane i think.) and if you can survive long enough AD mlaz should do fairly well.

Urgoth is also a strong bottom lane might be able to do something with that.
---
Why did you bother to read this?
#6xVashTS98xPosted 2/10/2013 10:44:48 AM
You can do Nunu, but the earlier levels suck a lot, You do end up being an uncontrollable monster, but it takes time. You NEED CDR items asap.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#7tpoyoyPosted 2/10/2013 11:37:12 AM
KintaroOekun posted...
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm just getting a game in and I can feel Chogath's presence already. I think the key factor is my ability to sustain along with Yorick. I've been able to deal with his ghoul harass so far with my passive heal.

nunu can push him out of lane later not early so much cause you need cdr and ap items

you'll have your passive up a lot to keep up with the pushing yorick does which equals free heals or iceballs that will chunk his life

imo nunu sustain > all
#8iXCelticXiPosted 2/10/2013 11:38:49 AM
You need more Heimer in your life.
Zyra, Cho, and Malz are also dope.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#9iXCelticXiPosted 2/10/2013 11:40:53 AM
MrChomplet posted...
I think i know why you feel like brand will be a good choice, with his ult and conflagration using his ghouls as a target (to hit yorick) but they can also block the sear from his stun. If you want to try and counter yorick, cho'gath is possibly the best pick, he can sustain off the ghouls with the passive, and you'll get to level 6 much faster in dominion for the free health. Also take note that yorick deals magic damage with his w and e, which is what he mainly uses to harass you early on, so an early null magic mantle (later into abyssal or spirit visage) can work well.

overall, brand isn't really that good of a pick, you're unlikely to get your stun off against a good yorick.

You mean Negatron Cloak, my good chum?
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#10iXCelticXiPosted 2/10/2013 11:44:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]