ok so this double barrel rollin croc

#1Dwhite_1Posted 2/10/2013 10:17:41 AM
ok guys, i have some real problems with this characterer. (renekton) i just cant play him very well. i cant dominate the lane like most renes ive seen, his harass of E W Q E pushes the lane and then when thier at their tower i cant dive them because i dont do enough dmg

how should his laneing be in general, like what are my goals. should i only harass when i have a fury bonus? if so should i be AA minions more for fury. should i even care if the lane is pushed

whats his general tower dive combo? do i use ult before i dive to get fury or should i only use my ult when im getting hit by tower and am already diving? do i only dive when i ahve fury bonus?

when should i be using my q for sustain? whenever, should i care if it pushes the lane?

what kinda runes and masteries and build should i go? currently i run AD reds and quints, armor yellows and scaling mr blues. i go 9/21 and my build is usually something like boots, 2 dorans, BC, LW, Sunfire, GA/BT/FM, Runic/Hexdrinker/Merc scimmy

please help me, i want to get good at this champ but im jsut so horrible in the early game laning when i know he should be at his strongest

tldr; help me with renes laning. when should i harass? should it just be an emporwerd W or the E W Q E. should i only harass with fury. what about pushing the lane, should i care with his harass. how do i turret dive with him and what should i build along with runes and masteries. please help
#2Edgemaster70000Posted 2/10/2013 10:28:30 AM
You're playing a computer game based on your intelligence combined with hand-eye coordination, and you can't even be bothered to capitalize letters properly?
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#3Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:38:53 AM
Edgemaster70000 posted...
You're playing a computer game based on your intelligence combined with hand-eye coordination, and you can't even be bothered to capitalize letters properly?

yea i dont see how that has anything o do with the quetsion i asked...
#4Luster_SlyPosted 2/10/2013 10:39:41 AM

he says you lack the basic necessities to play this game well, reading comprehension 2 hard
---
Core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz | GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H | Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB 1600Mhz | 1TB HDD | GeForce GTX 660 Ti | Corsair CX600 | Corsair 300R Windowed
#5Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:44:30 AM
Luster_Sly posted...

he says you lack the basic necessities to play this game well, reading comprehension 2 hard

not seeing how this answers my question either
#6Luster_SlyPosted 2/10/2013 10:51:50 AM
Luster_Sly posted...

not seeing how this answers my question either

How does that not answer your question? You asked why you suck at Renekton. We tell you that you don't have the required hand-eye coordination.
---
Core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz | GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H | Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB 1600Mhz | 1TB HDD | GeForce GTX 660 Ti | Corsair CX600 | Corsair 300R Windowed
#7mystermandragonPosted 2/10/2013 10:53:51 AM
grammar nazis, just ignore them. They are overcompensating because they werent loved as children.

as for you question. The easiest way to poke with renekton is to wait for the minion wave to thin out. This does a few things.

1. you will take less damage from his minions if there are less of them
2. Your aoe will hurt less of his minions and the next minion wave is almost there so it is less likely to push.
3. By the time the minion wave is thinned you should have your fury, and yes having fury is the best time to attack, but thats when your opponent will expect you to attack so mix it up every now and then.

but make sure there is at least one minion for u to dash through.

Always ult first to build fury, but make sure you are going in as soon as you ult because people will start disengaging when the scary lizard attacks them.

Bruisers always build depending on the game. If you get really fed, go ahead and build some AD. Black Cleaver, Blood thirster, etc. but eventually you need to build tanky as well.

if you dont get fed, just build tanky right off the bat. Warmogs, Sunfire, Randuins, etc.
---
Sig won't change until my sister thinks re4 is a good game. number of people who support=9
#8Dwhite_1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:58:47 AM
mystermandragon posted...
grammar nazis, just ignore them. They are overcompensating because they werent loved as children.

as for you question. The easiest way to poke with renekton is to wait for the minion wave to thin out. This does a few things.

1. you will take less damage from his minions if there are less of them
2. Your aoe will hurt less of his minions and the next minion wave is almost there so it is less likely to push.
3. By the time the minion wave is thinned you should have your fury, and yes having fury is the best time to attack, but thats when your opponent will expect you to attack so mix it up every now and then.

but make sure there is at least one minion for u to dash through.

Always ult first to build fury, but make sure you are going in as soon as you ult because people will start disengaging when the scary lizard attacks them.

Bruisers always build depending on the game. If you get really fed, go ahead and build some AD. Black Cleaver, Blood thirster, etc. but eventually you need to build tanky as well.

if you dont get fed, just build tanky right off the bat. Warmogs, Sunfire, Randuins, etc.

thank you, this answers my question. much appreciated. truely helpful
#9MetleonPosted 2/10/2013 11:16:23 AM
I tend to focus on last hitting until Lv. 3 and then get a full combo off on my opponent to do a lot of damage. After that, I keep last hitting and try to zone them out, getting off a combo whenever they get too close. If they feel like coming in to last hit or jump on you, just stun and hit them with a Q and you'll usually come out on top. If you end up pushing up to the tower, just hide in the bush until the wave comes back a bit and then keep on farming. Since the tower's going to take some creeps away from them, it's not so bad to have your combo push the lane. As for using your Q to sustain, I generally use my powered up Q every chance I get, but only hit one minion with it unless I want to push. You still get quite a bit of health back, but are still able to zone your opponent.

For diving, you only want to do this when you have a large creep wave (usually a full wave with a cannon minion is enough), you're at near full health, and they're below half health. Use your ult first and then your E to engage then get the stun off and Q. Try to burst them down as fast as possible, because you won't win a long fight under the tower.

I go with AD Marks and Quints, Armor Seals, and MR/level Glyphs but flat MR Glyphs would be better against an AP top. With masteries, I get Summoner's Wrath, Sorcery, and Butcher (there's not really anything else worth putting those points into) and get all of the AD ones but ignore the crit stuff, as you're not going to be building any crit chance. Then I take all the health I can in Defense and split the Armor and MR for general defenses.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#10MilanBarcaPosted 2/10/2013 12:55:00 PM(edited)
wow, look at all these pseudo-intellectuals

oh and LoL isn't "based on" (that's incorrect usage of the word based, btw) intelligence (whatever arbitrary definition you're using for that, LOL) in the slightest

love when 16 year olds think they're english prodigies because they capitalize on the internet
---
http://backloggery.com/milan