Can anyone recommend me a non-traditional support?

#31secdawgsPosted 2/10/2013 11:04:16 AM
Annie is pretty fun. Chogath is great.
#32ManoftarkPosted 2/10/2013 11:57:17 AM
Anivia is a very fun support. You need to buy a chalice at some point because her mana costs are outrageous, but you'd be surprised how effective a skillshot stun is. Skillshots mean that you can aim them at an incoming enemy jungler and stun them from beyond 1000 range, unlike Taric which can only work if you're close enough to target. Plus her wall is excellent for securing kills in the jungle, for separating your allies from a fed enemy. (Mostly in the jungle.) The wall also provides vision, so you can use it in the bottom lane bushes to fish someone out.
---
DDR Extreme 1/2 Extreme AAA'ed Club: 190 AAA's
Guitar Hero Retiree: 43 GH2 FC's, 66 GH3 FC's, GH:VH - Eruption XGuitar FC
#33kiba312Posted 2/10/2013 12:00:56 PM
To be honest anybody can support as long as you can communicate well with the person your laning with
I tried it and it works perfectly but people are too stuck up about "official rules" and all that junk so they force you to play traditional supports
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#34TheDarkNerdPosted 2/10/2013 12:05:09 PM
Morgana. Land a Dark Binding, and you and your ADC will be able to force the enemy ADC out of lane. If your ADC goes back and the enemies try to push, a Tormented Soil will kill the caster minions and make it so they get little damage on the tower. Once you hit last game, use Shurelya's to run in and ult their team.

Taric enemy? F*** your stun, I has shield!
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#35flyguy101Posted 2/10/2013 12:05:59 PM
If you want a fun kill lane, go with lee sin.

You can kinda help out the ADC with all your util, but you have built in damage while building tanky. Crazy fun, and mildly viable.
---
http://theaffectiveperspective.blog.com/
Q.E.D.
#36Masemune_100Posted 2/10/2013 12:09:57 PM
Shocked no one said Vi yet. You can zone a lane so hard off of Q alone, and the second you hit 6 you guarantee your ADC a kill. The only real problem is she doesn't benefit from the support items......at all, so you transition into regular Vi eventually.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#37CaptainKatsuraPosted 2/10/2013 12:10:00 PM
Not actually sure if he's a traditional support,but Shen support is crazy good.

Taunt enemies so you tank them and ADC can get kills,shield for even more tanking prowess,VB for pokes,and ulti for general utility.
---
Herp-a derp
#38LabyrinthMindPosted 2/10/2013 12:31:08 PM
Masemune_100 posted...
Shocked no one said Vi yet. You can zone a lane so hard off of Q alone, and the second you hit 6 you guarantee your ADC a kill. The only real problem is she doesn't benefit from the support items......at all, so you transition into regular Vi eventually.

There's Avarice Blade, I guess... which does build a couple items Vi can make good use of.
#39Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/10/2013 12:32:26 PM
Komachi_Tachi posted...
Gangplank.

---
And then John was a zombie.
#40ZedPowerPosted 2/10/2013 12:46:44 PM
Orianna works well. Go EWQ, leave the ball on your carry the entire time so he gets the free defensive stats, shield and haste as needed, and stack your passive while harassing the enemy carry (or support if they're one of the squishier ones). Late game you've got a Reverie active on a six second cooldown, and your ult is amazing even if it doesn't do any damage.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones