Why do people Ban Shen?

#1JackDaniels1964Posted 2/10/2013 10:47:38 AM
His only "game ruiner" is his Ult, which has a fairly long cooldown anyways... and most scrubs don't even know how to use that thing, they either splitpush - > fail to ult, or splitpush - > ult and teammate still dies.
What's dur matta wit Shen?
---
Hot and Dangerous badazz Style 2013 GG WP
#2ssupermario92Posted 2/10/2013 10:49:02 AM
just for the sole his ult ruins ganks i guess. I usually ignore banning shen unless my team really wants it
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 47 PM if you think so as well Latest person who agrees: Athiniel
#3Karmic Dragon2003Posted 2/10/2013 10:49:34 AM
Why do people ban Elise? All she does is dominate every other top, and win every duel.
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#4Shadow EdgePosted 2/10/2013 10:50:00 AM
Because thats whats popular, like Rammus and Kass being permabans on low elo.
---
ns
#5jats605Posted 2/10/2013 10:51:38 AM

As a Bronze V player, I can assure Rammus had not been banned in months.
---
Jets on runways with people in them can't be destroyed. Except sometimes they can but not most of the time. --it_r_over9000
#6Lord_WoobiePosted 2/10/2013 10:55:07 AM
Immovable in top lane, has aoe taunt, his ult can completely ruin ganks and turn the tide of a lane. Just like Blitz and Nocturne, he is just psychologically dangerous to the enemy team and can force them to play far more cautiously than they would otherwise.
---
On the field of honor, the gods bearing witness to my glory, I will pull your entrails through your eyes and use them as reins to ride your soul to hades below!
#7MetleonPosted 2/10/2013 10:59:42 AM
Shadow Edge posted...

What? I'm in Bronze IV and have yet to see anyone ban (or even use) Rammus or Kassadin. It's all Amumu+Blitz+Shen+Malphite+two of Shaco/Darius/Alistar/Karthus/some champ the banner hates going against. As far as most used champ goes, I've seen Taric in most of the games I've played (granted, he's my main when I support).

As far as banning Shen goes, I think most Shen's are bad simply because they never get to play him, so when they do first pick him for "lol I'm op" purposes, they absolutely suck. I still ban Shen because my teammates rage at me when I don't and Taric (who I find to be much better) isn't as contested, so if our team wants him, he's usually up by the time our support gets to pick.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#8BoogyyPosted 2/10/2013 11:05:03 AM
He's an anti-fun champion imo.

Split pushing: antifun.
Anti-Anti-Carry: antifun
Immovable lane object: Anti Fun
Ranged Harass in toplane at the cost of basically nothing: Anti-Fun
Hard to trade with at the cost of usually nothing: Antifun
Taunt: Fun
Mini flash: Antifun.
---
Flowers are really unbalance
#9ValhadmarPosted 2/10/2013 11:08:38 AM
In my opinion he is one of the most annoying characters to fight against with an uncoordinated team. He can easily turn a gank into a counter gank, and with his ability to split push and show up in a teamfight at the drop of a hat. Most solo players would rather outright ban him than deal with him ripping apart their team's lack of teamwork.
---
"The place we live is paradise, however the life we live is hell."
Heart Gold Fc: 0217 4396 5723
#10Stalky24Posted 2/10/2013 12:08:56 PM
Let me play Shen and Ill show you.