Since when do people care about pick order in ranked?

#1HorribrenPosted 2/10/2013 11:21:55 AM
Last season I rarely ever saw people use "pick order" as a justification for taking roles. Now that the new league system is in place it seems like everyone is jumping on board, and disregarding role calls. What gives? Since when was draft order relevant? Shouldn't you be collaborating with the team...
#2bstbllPosted 2/10/2013 12:19:47 PM(edited)
Summoner's code.

If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled. If everyoneís picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you donít normally play, youíll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

Pick order>call order. That being said, communication is always preferred. If it comes down to the first and last pick arguing over who gets to go top, though, the first pick has priority.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid
#3AmarajahPosted 2/10/2013 12:20:01 PM
Shouldn't you be able to be flexible in ranked...just play normals otherwise.
#4ValhadmarPosted 2/10/2013 12:20:52 PM
I would rather you choose a champion your comfortable with and more familiar with, if your thrust in the support role, rather than you play a support you arent good with. Inform them of that and they may be more accepting if you choose a tanky dps, or another type of champion instead of support.

I right now am gonna try using Lu Bu as support.
---
"The place we live is paradise, however the life we live is hell."
Heart Gold Fc: 0217 4396 5723
#5MMG_Posted 2/10/2013 12:20:54 PM
Since... always?
---
When I'm drunk I like to feed the trolls.
[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]|||||||||||||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
#6Viewtiful_JonPosted 2/10/2013 12:22:40 PM
almost all games I play are done by call order at the elo's I have been at. Only time someone cares is if they call slightly to late and notice they are before the other player on the pick order.
#7Herbert0Posted 2/10/2013 2:33:03 PM
What if it's 4 and 5th pick that are arguing? They both pick at the same time.
#8AznJudgePosted 2/10/2013 2:33:44 PM
MMG_ posted...
Since... always?

---
Xbox Live GT:Pz PaulyD; League of Legends : DAS BOAR; Steam: EbilElrond / Elrondel SMITE: Elrond; Guild Wars 2 : Elrondel
#9LawlerlawlPosted 2/10/2013 2:34:54 PM
I have played about 30 ranked games, each and every time I went mid. There were only two occasions where there was a fuss/ruckus about it, otherwise it went very smoothly. So I don't know what's wrong with you.
---
Play Knytt Underground right now, seriously.
#10TrevorkkhoPosted 2/10/2013 2:55:07 PM
So... those who go against summoner's code can be banned?

Last pick: *goes bot NOT support*
---
POK Erthroid Myeloid Ontogenic