Please post amazing Zyra mid builds in this topic (and critique this one)

#1Karmic Dragon2003Posted 2/10/2013 11:06:26 AM
Usually I start flask and 2 mana pots and 1 health pot (switch those around depending on matchups against annoying champs like fiddle, kata, fizz, brand etc, maybe even 3 health pots)

Tear

Boots (delay T2 until you have your first major damage item)

Sometimes Doran's if I feel like it, skip if you're dominating the lane

Rabadons

T2 boots

Liandry's

Zhonya's

Void Staff / Archangel's Staff
---
CreviceCretin - Mario games are for little kids grow up and kill something.
^ 164 people agree that it's ignorance at its finest.
#2Knight_Of_OrderPosted 2/10/2013 11:09:26 AM
Stack Rod of Ages.
---
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu
#3Luster_SlyPosted 2/10/2013 11:09:42 AM
CDR blues
don't use any other runes

CDR boots
Athenes
DFG
Iceborn Gauntlet
Mejais
Shurelyas
---
Core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz | GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H | Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB 1600Mhz | 1TB HDD | GeForce GTX 660 Ti | Corsair CX600 | Corsair 300R Windowed
#4lvl99linkPosted 2/10/2013 12:58:23 PM(edited)
CDR blues

CDR boots
Athenes
DFG
Iceborn Gauntlet
Mejais
Shurelyas

uhhhh....
20% from W which you should have maxed at 13.+ CDR boots=35. Go ahead and add 4% from masteries to put you at 39%. You shouldn't need any cdr runes, and you shouldn't need more than one cdr item.

I do prefer boots+RoA on her.
This is my build.

Full AP runes.
(dorans)
Blasting wand
boots-1
RoA
boots-2 CDR
DC
Void staff
Situational (liandries maybe)
Situational (health, or defense not necessarily AP)

Max E first, It's harder to dodge, plants give out a lot of damage, and you get more autos in. EWQEER EWEWR WWQQR QQ
Maxing W second with an RoA and cdr boots will give you all the mana you will need throughout the game, and near max cdr. You can let your jungle have blue throughout the game so they can gank better, get more exp, and get more gold.
Getting a deathcap next will boost your AP through the roof.
Getting a void staff after that will put you ahead of almost anyone, your burst whether full burst or not, will devastate the enemy team by this point.
I usually buy liandries if I am defending because then my Q plant autos will proc liandries each hit, so they become very useful for defending.
Otherwise I will buy a health item like rylais.
Finally I buy completely situational based on what I'm having the most trouble with on the enemy team, if I I'm not having any trouble, I will buy another AP item, or a GA.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fkHBW.gif
#5Luster_SlyPosted 2/10/2013 1:59:18 PM
CDR blues

CDR boots
Athenes
DFG
Iceborn Gauntlet
Mejais
Shurelyas

uhhhh....
20% from W which you should have maxed at 13.+ CDR boots=35. Go ahead and add 4% from masteries to put you at 39%. You shouldn't need any cdr runes, and you shouldn't need more than one cdr item.

I do prefer boots+RoA on her.
This is my build.

Full AP runes.
(dorans)
Blasting wand
boots-1
RoA
boots-2 CDR
DC
Void staff
Situational (liandries maybe)
Situational (health, or defense not necessarily AP)

Max E first, It's harder to dodge, plants give out a lot of damage, and you get more autos in. EWQEER EWEWR WWQQR QQ
Maxing W second with an RoA and cdr boots will give you all the mana you will need throughout the game, and near max cdr. You can let your jungle have blue throughout the game so they can gank better, get more exp, and get more gold.
Getting a deathcap next will boost your AP through the roof.
Getting a void staff after that will put you ahead of almost anyone, your burst whether full burst or not, will devastate the enemy team by this point.
I usually buy liandries if I am defending because then my Q plant autos will proc liandries each hit, so they become very useful for defending.
Otherwise I will buy a health item like rylais.
Finally I buy completely situational based on what I'm having the most trouble with on the enemy team, if I I'm not having any trouble, I will buy another AP item, or a GA.

yeah but you're not getting any levels into W.
---
Core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz | GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H | Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB 1600Mhz | 1TB HDD | GeForce GTX 660 Ti | Corsair CX600 | Corsair 300R Windowed
#6blue_eagle2005Posted 2/10/2013 2:06:39 PM
I find with Zyra that I really don't need that DC as nice of an item as it is, getting all the utility/tanky ap items is much more beneficial. Personally I've found great success with ROA rush, then usually a haunting guise whilst build towards rylais at the same time, situational into which one I complete first. Build the other, if ad is a threat I'll get that new armour item prior to the other two but get a zhonyas later. Her damage is really high without the DC and all the above just make her built in utility that much stronger. You solve her squishiness, you're dealing a load of damage, slowing more and with all your spells which gives double the liandries proc. DC if anything would be a 5th/6th item for me personally on Zyra.
---
XBL - Blue Eagle44
PSN - BlueEagle44
#7UnderwaterAirPosted 2/10/2013 2:14:40 PM
Do her plants proc muramana?
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#8gkh5Posted 2/10/2013 3:03:38 PM
I find Zyra to be one of those champs who is extremely situational with her build. If you have a good front line though, glass cannon with a zhonya's if **** hits the fan carries games hard.

I haven't tried RoA on her. In my experience, a couple doran's or a chalice is all you need mana-wise and the mr/health keeps you safe enough in lane. I find with all her kiting potential, zhonya's is all I need usually for survivabilty. Can someone give me reasoning behind RoA?
---
LoL IGN: alpha10