Zed or Talon?

#1Stalky24Posted 2/10/2013 12:23:07 PM
I want to pick up and learn AD Assassin and those two are the ones I like. I got my 6300 ip ready for one of them.

So which one is better at:
- mid lane
- top lane
- jungle
- carrying games when fed
- having fun
#2Masemune_100Posted 2/10/2013 12:25:31 PM
Zed in all instances if you take the time to learn him.
Talon otherwise if you don't feel like putting in that time.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#3tacoslayer89Posted 2/10/2013 12:31:08 PM
Stalky24 posted...
I want to pick up and learn AD Assassin and those two are the ones I like. I got my 6300 ip ready for one of them.

So which one is better at:
- mid lane
- top lane
- jungle
- carrying games when fed
- having fun

Mid - toss up, Talon probably counters more typical mids though
Top - Zed
Jungle - Neither is that great but Zed is better. Zed can work jungle, but he's much better when you can just farm all day in a lane
Carrying - I guess both
Fun - IMO Zed
---
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!
#4Stalky24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:32:44 PM
Masemune_100 posted...

Im definitly willing to.

My one question before purchase is his teamfight potential. Looking at his kit, not only his ult is single-target and on long CD, but he needs to combine it with his W to get most of the combo, which results in a kill, but leaves him without escape and without a lot of options to burst down anyone else around.
#5chaoshadouPosted 2/10/2013 12:35:26 PM
Stalky24 posted...
Masemune_100 posted...

Im definitly willing to.

My one question before purchase is his teamfight potential. Looking at his kit, not only his ult is single-target and on long CD, but he needs to combine it with his W to get most of the combo, which results in a kill, but leaves him without escape and without a lot of options to burst down anyone else around.

Build AD, problem solved.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#6QuadPonyPosted 2/10/2013 12:42:47 PM
Zed is so fun to play and can burst down people 100-0 in an instant! He is extremely versatile and a great champion. Pre-Nerf Talon could compete but now, there's no choice. Get Zed.
#7Masemune_100Posted 2/10/2013 1:05:23 PM
Stalky24 posted...
Masemune_100 posted...

Im definitly willing to.

Zed, if you decide to go that entire route for the combo, deals massive AoE damage and slow on top of killing someone. Usually the ult itself is enough to kill someone though, and you can W to escape their team and continue to deal really good poke damage. It also helps that his passive is a pretty good execute for free.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#8kiba312Posted 2/10/2013 1:08:42 PM
Get Zed cause Talon gets countered easily by armor unless you get armor pen
but still it wont do Talon much good so go with Zed
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#9happyscrub1Posted 2/10/2013 1:28:21 PM
talon cause zed is a bad champion
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#10dark_omega27Posted 2/11/2013 10:26:07 AM
Talon is-
Easy to use.
Has a versatile kit.
Excellent Anti-ap mid.
Roams very hard and can easily carry if fed.
Confined mostly to mid.

Zed is-
Difficult to use.
Strange kit but can easily make awesome plays.
Can jungle and top as well as mid.
Manaless.

Its about preference really. They both are super fun to play but if you are looking for a quick fun champ get talon. If you however are willing to invest time into learning one, then pick zed.