Are all Ryzes going 9/0/21 or 0/9/21?

#1POkemon_PoWeRPosted 2/10/2013 12:55:27 PM
So many Biscuts and Explorers and MS on them.
---
I'm the best player here. The rest of you aren't as good as me-ninja1357
LoL IGN: m0bilize (NA)
#2Frost_shock_FTWPosted 2/10/2013 12:58:48 PM
9/0/21 are the best masteries for Ryze because it gives him 20% CDR built in, just add blue buff/Frozen Heart.

Why they are wasting points in the ward and biscuit I don't know.
---
You had to kill him. The boy cries you a sweater of tears, and you kill him.
Contacts in Profile
#3MetleonPosted 2/10/2013 1:11:04 PM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
9/0/21 are the best masteries for Ryze because it gives him 20% CDR built in, just add blue buff/Frozen Heart.

Why they are wasting points in the ward and biscuit I don't know.

Ryze doesn't have a particularly good early game and the ward and biscuit help with that. Makes it a lot easier to farm right up into Boots and Tear. And yeah, there's really no reason to go into offense higher than the magic pen, as Ryze scales better with mana than AP. Going 21 in Utility lets you get that movespeed bonus, which lets you get off clutch rune prisons.

I really don't think there's much use in getting anything else in the Utility tree, as the biscuit will heal you more early than Vampirism would, Ryze doesn't really need to rush to level 6, and the gold biscuit can grant you is front loaded, unlike Greed which will only get to its full potential at the end of the game.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#4Frost_shock_FTWPosted 2/10/2013 1:17:13 PM
Unlike other mages, Ryze gains power by leveling up even if his skills are level 5 because his maximum mana increases. I suppose it's preference, but I like the full 5% bonus experience over biscuit. The ward is just completely useless unless you want to drop it to guard a buff for your jungler.
---
This isn't your average, everyday darkness. This is...ADVANCED darkness. Hey, if I close my eyes it doesn't seem so dark.
Contacts in Profile
#5FlameLord23Posted 2/10/2013 1:23:33 PM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
Unlike other mages, Ryze gains power by leveling up even if his skills are level 5 because his maximum mana increases. I suppose it's preference, but I like the full 5% bonus experience over biscuit. The ward is just completely useless unless you want to drop it to guard a buff for your jungler.

Ryze is like any other sustained damage champion: scales much better with items than levels than other mages. 9/0/21 makes sense since he scales much better with the mana and the utility tree is actually good now, therefore making it desirable to be used when possible.
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#6DottledPosted 2/10/2013 1:36:55 PM(edited)
The biscuit is soggy and weak and provides no nourishment. Like whenever I need it, it's at the stage where I won't even notice the regen it gives. Needs buffed
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#7ikilledkenny2Posted 2/10/2013 1:47:34 PM
the ward can be used to kill the enemy mid while they're getting blue buff, since you know the general time that blue spawns, just drop a ward a bit before. I've gotten a few kills/blue buff steals as anivia cuz of the ward
#8PrizmSlashPosted 2/10/2013 1:58:49 PM
ikilledkenny2 posted...
the ward can be used to kill the enemy mid while they're getting blue buff, since you know the general time that blue spawns, just drop a ward a bit before. I've gotten a few kills/blue buff steals as anivia cuz of the ward

I'd rather use it near the 3 min mark to avoid ganks.
---
-_-
#9Reaper_MinionPosted 2/10/2013 2:04:27 PM
Exp mastery means nothing on Ryze. You can't go beast mode on someone just because you are a level above them. His early damage sucks and the ult doesn't really help you secure kills.
---
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY
#10CNLSandersPosted 2/10/2013 4:07:57 PM
I forgot to switch my support masteries to my AP masteries so I can biscuit and ward for a game. Worked out nicely for me going against Orianna. I liked the CDR, but I did notice a lack of damage.
---
IGN-CNLAviator