Admins please take down the tristana guide

#1FlameLord23Posted 2/10/2013 12:23:55 PM(edited)
Iirc you said you wanted our input on the guides. Well here's mine, and I'm sure some of the community agree.

The guide is incomplete in that it lacks information in multiple parts. There is no reason given for taking the 21/0/9 masteries for all intents and purposes. The author says "standard AD Carry Masteries" but never defines what they are. If the guide is written for completely new players then they have no idea what to take. There is a severe lack of matchup information, and some of it being completely wrong. Ashe can't kite because you outrange her? Not until level 6. And even then she can slow you on every autoattack for free essentially, because 8 mana isn't that much.

Second, let's get into wrong information. Knockback is not hard CC, silence is. We can debate whether silence is hard CC or not but I believe the general consensus is anything that prevents you moving in the direction of your choosing is hard CC. Which includes knockbacks, and not silences. Only Kog'Maws ult outranges you? Twitch outranges tristana with his ult active and almost every skillshot outranges tristana. Post-late game? You mean after the game is over?

TL;DR this is not what was asked for by the admins and nor does it fit the requirements of a complete guide for Tristana. I could tell you more about her and I've never played her.

EDIT: guide link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/954437-league-of-legends/faqs/66052
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#2Frost_shock_FTWPosted 2/10/2013 12:24:11 PM
Without reading it, knockback is among the hardest CC in the game. Certainly more than silence.
---
That was a hotel?
Contacts in Profile
#3SoraOwnsAllPosted 2/10/2013 12:24:15 PM
He seriously says Post-late game?
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#4DoctorEggmanPosted 2/10/2013 12:25:30 PM
Hard CC is any crowd control that can break channeled abilities, so knockback is indeed hard CC. Its one of the best forms of CC too :/

pachoo
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
http://i.imgur.com/n8yh1.jpg
#5ArtosRCPosted 2/10/2013 12:25:32 PM
He seriously says Post-late game?

You know- the results screen.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/zerominus/Pics/Signatures/s.gif
#6Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/10/2013 12:25:43 PM
Frost_shock_FTW posted...
knockback is among the hardest CC in the game. Certainly more than silence.

---
And then John was a zombie.
#7LOLganPosted 2/10/2013 12:26:17 PM
Without reading it, knockback is among the hardest CC in the game. Certainly more than silence.

I think he meant to say that silence isn't a hard cc
#8DottledPosted 2/10/2013 12:26:39 PM
For all intents and purposes I agree with you, but I don't get what you mean here: Second, let's get into wrong information. Knockback is not hard CC, silence is. We can debate whether silence is hard CC or not but I believe the general consensus is anything that prevents you moving in the direction of your choosing is hard CC. Which includes knockbacks, and not silences.

It's a little unclear as to whether you mean knockbacks are hard CC or not; unless your first part of the statement is reiterating what the guide says?

I think the general consensus on hard CC is that you lose complete control of your character, so you can't move and you can't use your abilities for the duration.
---
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.
#9AphoristicPosted 2/10/2013 12:27:44 PM
Dottled posted...
For all intents and purposes I agree with you, but I don't get what you mean here: Second, let's get into wrong information. Knockback is not hard CC, silence is. We can debate whether silence is hard CC or not but I believe the general consensus is anything that prevents you moving in the direction of your choosing is hard CC. Which includes knockbacks, and not silences.

It's a little unclear as to whether you mean knockbacks are hard CC or not; unless your first part of the statement is reiterating what the guide says?

I think the general consensus on hard CC is that you lose complete control of your character, so you can't move and you can't use your abilities for the duration.

"First is hard and soft CC. To me, hard CC is any spell that stops your movement or silences you, while soft CC is any slow or knockback."
- From the guide.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#10FlameLord23(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:29:50 PM
Aphoristic posted...
Dottled posted...

"First is hard and soft CC. To me, hard CC is any spell that stops your movement or silences you, while soft CC is any slow or knockback."
- From the guide.

"Knockback is not hard CC, silence is." After that it's all my opinion and wording. Some people think Silence is hard CC, but I believe and so do most people that it's soft CC.
---
Who needs logic when you can just speak loudly?~cookie_kid
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths