Ohmwrecker

#1Beech_tibsPosted 2/11/2013 11:32:11 AM
Anyone else use this on top lanes regularly? I find the health mana and armor to be a.great combination on a single item but also that catalyst is still not worthless in lane

Obviously stats on other armor items are better but I find on certain top lanes that the mana allows more poke and health is always welcomed early

Is it the lack of armor that prevents this from being a.common item or does it have to do with catalysts lackluster passive ( though I still like it ) or is it a cost issue, once seen that brought up before... But I don't see it...
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#29tailedphoenixPosted 2/11/2013 11:35:31 AM
I think the general idea is that ohmwrecker is too expensive for its passive. By the time you finish it, you're already at the point where you can dive towers without it.
---
patent pending
#3TomorrowDogPosted 2/11/2013 11:38:50 AM(edited)
The active is redundant for an item with health and armor. You're better off just diving towers with a different armor item with other benefits to it, since Ohmwrecker isn't even gold efficient before you factor in the active. When you consider baron/dragon fights and defending base, it is a pretty crappy prospect to be carrying a 2.8k gold item with non-gold efficient stats and an active you can't even use.

Assuming nothing has changed on PBE, it is getting a rework for this reason next patch where it will actually be an AP item.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4Suffer_NotPosted 2/11/2013 11:42:29 AM
In 2.5 seconds, a Turret will do approximately 300 health (2 hits) in damage to someone. Warmogs costs 20 gold less than Ohmwrecker and allows you to take 650 more damage than Ohmwrecker does (approximately 4 hits). While the armor that Ohmwrecker provides is certainly nice, Turrets by default have 30% armor penetration.

Basically, the catalyst passive and 55 armor is not worth the 650 health and health sustain that you get from Warmogs for most top laners.

Currently Riot is considering making it build out of Philo Stone instead of Catalyst. I think Ohmwrecker could be an interesting support item, since for a support it means having the ability to reset turret aggro during a dive. I could see that being a nice addition to your team's arsenal if your jungler or top lane is already getting a Reverie for themselves.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX