What happened to Janna?

#1Komachi_TachiPosted 2/11/2013 12:08:26 PM
She used to be the best support in the game, but now I never see her. What happened?
---
Gumshoe is my husbando. Hands OFF.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lskcvm4wIc1r45u0jo1_500.jpg
#2Herbert0Posted 2/11/2013 12:12:12 PM
She's pretty passive as far as support goes and people like more aggressive lanes now.
#3TomorrowDogPosted 2/11/2013 12:12:44 PM
Wasn't the easiest support to use, so generally people want some good reasons to use her over other supports. When she got nerfed it made the more faceroll supports more appealing.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4GainazzoPosted 2/11/2013 12:12:45 PM
Tons of nerfs. Every skill was nerfed big time but she is still a good champ.
#5Suffer_NotPosted 2/11/2013 12:14:33 PM
Meta changed. Janna was one of the best supports because she has really strong counter initiation. Someone like Morgana or Amumu would flash ult into your team and Janna fixed that by pressing R. Someone like Rengar or Akali would jump onto your carry and Jana would fix that by pressing QWEQ. The mobility she granted her team made it that much easier to avoid fights you didn't want to fight.

But that is not what people want in a support right now. They want supports that have go buttons. They want to make plays in lane, not survive them. They want Lulus or Sonas or Zyras that combine peel with poke and initiation with disengage. Taric, who was picked like once in the World Championship games last year, is one of the most picked supports with an even higher winrate than last season because he combines lane domination with +armor and armor penetration, all of which makes his team stronger in the "League of Warmog Cleavers".

It's basically the same reason why Soraka and Nami aren't currently favored. They are too defensive compared to the alternatives.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#6Skunkdog1Posted 2/11/2013 12:19:47 PM
Komachi_Tachi posted...
She used to be the best support in the game

stopped reading there. this has never been and never will be true.
#7GainazzoPosted 2/11/2013 12:29:03 PM
Skunkdog1 posted...
Komachi_Tachi posted...
She used to be the best support in the game

Was picked or banned pretty much every game earlier in 2012.
#8anilEhilatedPosted 2/11/2013 12:30:40 PM

and boy are you wrong
---
For who could ever...?
#9sephiroth3703Posted 2/11/2013 12:40:31 PM
Xpecial took her in every professional game and had amazing success. Then she kept getting nerfed.

Her ult used to push people farther away and slow anyone who walked back in while it was channeled, her shield would still give bonus AD even if it was popped, and her Q used to knock people up for 1.1 seconds regardless of how long it was channeled, and I want to say her W used to slow people alot harder.

She used to be an incredibly strong support champ and was picked several times in tournaments. Anyone who says otherwise probably wasn't watching pro play before IPL4.
#10GainazzoPosted 2/11/2013 12:42:36 PM
Yes and her AP ratio on W was nerfed too when Alex Ich went like 7 - 0 with her in mid. Pretty silly since the nerf was based on like one or two games.