What's the actual reason for..

#1LithspPosted 2/11/2013 7:52:51 PM
..gaining 10LP for a win, and losing 20LP when you lose?
---
[]Signature[]
#2zeppelin312Posted 2/11/2013 7:54:11 PM
You have been found wanting, so the system is trying to force you down.

Basically the system thinks you got carried to this point.
#3VoidgolemPosted 2/11/2013 7:54:33 PM
1. Your MMR is lower than your current division.

2. LP Clamping (assuming Division 1)
---
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j360/voidgolem/Lagannrim_zps5e36b947.jpg
#4Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 7:55:44 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
You have been found wanting, so the system is trying to force you down.

Basically the system thinks you got carried to this point.

No it doesn't, if it does, it needs serious adjusting.

I carry myself every game, constantly posting great KDA basically, usually I'm like 15 kills 3 deaths, roughly.
Every single game.

If the system thinks I get carried, it's flawed.

So what's the real reason for this?
---
[]Signature[]
#5KosukeKGAPosted 2/11/2013 7:57:46 PM
Congratulations OP, you have figured out that this bogus MMR system is absolute BS as it also is for Valve in Dota2 and S2's HoN.

Now here come the Riot fanboys to defend this messed up piece of turd.
#6Lithsp(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:00:38 PM
KosukeKGA posted...
Congratulations OP, you have figured out that this bogus MMR system is absolute BS as it also is for Valve in Dota2 and S2's HoN.

If it really does assume you've been carried, and therefore make you lose more when you lose, and gain less when you win, then it's already flawed right there.

Yet alone when you look at someones history. Constantly stomping the crap out of your lane and great KDA every game, is NOT getting carried.

I should NOT be losing more points than I gain when I win. At all.
There is no reason for it.

I honestly doubt the "system" assumes anything though, and it's just straight up flawed.
---
[]Signature[]
#7VoidgolemPosted 2/11/2013 8:03:15 PM
MMR's basically Elo in a fancy hat. No matter what your KDA is it's only going to care about your overall wins versus losses.
---
#8DartkunPosted 2/11/2013 8:07:01 PM(edited)
KosukeKGA posted...

If I respond to this idiocy I'll be called a Riot fanboy.

Much easier to just call you a moron and go on with my day.

Boy I wish people had to do mathematical proofs for things such as the original Elo system and understand the math behind it, then use that knowledge to understand the new system or frankly any system.

I'm not saying either system is perfect. But it's hilarious how EVERYONE thinks that the system will ONLY ever give you more -LP than +LP from losses and wins respectable and they reaffirm it in their minds because there are so many other people complaining.

Have you considered that people who are on the "positive side" of things just never speak up, so literally all the complaints are the baddies who have the "negative" side of things. And once they start winning more than losing, they don't ever repost and say "NVM GUYS, IT FIXED. SYSTEM IS FINE NOW SINCE IT'S OK WITH ME".

I'm not one to always side with a system that for the most part is hidden behind closed doors, HOWEVER. Idiots will always complain about ranking systems and how it's "unfair" or "broken". At this point, unless there is someone who can lay out a direct case of the math not working, I'd attribute this to idiocy and confirmation bias.

And yes, I have looked at the long-term effects of ranking systems such as the original Elo.

Edit:
"I should NOT be losing more points than I gain when I win. At all.
There is no reason for it."

YES IT SHOULD. HOLY CRAP ARE YOU THAT STUPID!? IF YOU ARE FIGHTING A TEAM THAT IS WEAKER THAN YOU (Since the system can't be set up that EVERY player is playing and available to play at any and all given moments). WHY SHOULD YOU GAIN A LOT OF POINTS. YOU ARE MEANT TO FIGHT THESE PEOPLE AND WIN. THAT'S WHY YOUR WIN IS NOT WORTH MUCH. IF YOU FIGHT A TEAM THAT HAS A CONSIDERABLE RANKING ADVANTAGE TO YOU, YOU GAIN A LOT. OMG
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#9VoidgolemPosted 2/11/2013 8:12:15 PM(edited)
really the solution to the problem is to cut out the abstraction that is LP. That's the only particularly questionable decision Riot's made with the S3 setup.

It has no relation to your actual ranking beyond being throttled one way or the other depending on how far off-par your hidden rating is. Even Tiers have minimal relation to your actual rating (beyond promotions being heavily, heavily clamped if you're subpar)

May as well rename it "Hat points". Get your 100 points, win another set of games, and you get a fancier hat.
---