Zed's on sale, worth getting?

#21chaoshadouPosted 2/12/2013 7:32:53 PM
Kevman510 posted...
Don't get him. There are much better champs at his role.

Well I've never really liked Talon. And Kha'zix is always banned. Who else? Panth?

You want an AD assassin? Hell, even Rengar can do what Zed does and better.

Rengar is a garbage jungler, mediocre top, and a nonexistent mid. And he most definitely can't assassinate harder than Zed. Though any form of hard CC after he hits his ult will pretty much render it useless.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#22The Last CetraPosted 2/12/2013 7:36:07 PM
Kevman510 posted...
Kevman510 posted...
Don't get him. There are much better champs at his role.

Well I've never really liked Talon. And Kha'zix is always banned. Who else? Panth?

Obviously doesn't even own Zed.

Zed is best at what he does. Rengar can be focused down quick and can't assassinate quite as fast.
He's viable mid and top. Depends where you're most comfortable at. Whoever said he gets harassed while CS'ing is terrible. He can CS from range so easily with his shadow, plus you have a ranged shuriken.

I have never lost a lane to a Zed, ever. And yeah, I do own him also. He ults you? QSS. He uses his shadow to harass you? Cool, now he can't do anything for 13-21 seconds while it's on cooldown, so harass him. His shurikens are extremely slow, and have a tiny hitbox. If you get hit with both of them, you're bad. If you get hit with one of them, learn to anticipate better. If you're at half health, don't let him get near you. It's really as simple as that. And, like every other AD assassin, health and armor really messes up his game. People give Rengar a hard time because his numbers constantly get nerfed, but he, like Jayce and many others, has such an amazing kit that the numbers don't mean much. Hell, even if Zed ults you, if you're not at half health, you're not going to die, since he wont proc his passive. Rengar can stealth, reappear next to your carry suddenly, then Q and SotD and you're dead. And if not, he can just Q again, or W to heal and tank, or E to escape. Unless you think Zed's Shadow Slash being his main AoE damage somehow makes him better at teamfights, where you're screwed if you're that close to everyone on their team, and you just used your only escape to harass if you use his W E combo.

Fair, Rengar is a competent top. Given superior skill I could absolutely see Rengar pooping on Zed in top lane.

Now come mid, where Zed shines and Rengar doesn't. Ruh roh.
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death
#23Kevman510Posted 2/12/2013 8:54:16 PM
Kevman510 posted...
Kevman510 posted...

Obviously doesn't even own Zed.

Zed is best at what he does. Rengar can be focused down quick and can't assassinate quite as fast.
He's viable mid and top. Depends where you're most comfortable at. Whoever said he gets harassed while CS'ing is terrible. He can CS from range so easily with his shadow, plus you have a ranged shuriken.

I have never lost a lane to a Zed, ever. And yeah, I do own him also. He ults you? QSS. He uses his shadow to harass you? Cool, now he can't do anything for 13-21 seconds while it's on cooldown, so harass him. His shurikens are extremely slow, and have a tiny hitbox. If you get hit with both of them, you're bad. If you get hit with one of them, learn to anticipate better. If you're at half health, don't let him get near you. It's really as simple as that. And, like every other AD assassin, health and armor really messes up his game. People give Rengar a hard time because his numbers constantly get nerfed, but he, like Jayce and many others, has such an amazing kit that the numbers don't mean much. Hell, even if Zed ults you, if you're not at half health, you're not going to die, since he wont proc his passive. Rengar can stealth, reappear next to your carry suddenly, then Q and SotD and you're dead. And if not, he can just Q again, or W to heal and tank, or E to escape. Unless you think Zed's Shadow Slash being his main AoE damage somehow makes him better at teamfights, where you're screwed if you're that close to everyone on their team, and you just used your only escape to harass if you use his W E combo.

Fair, Rengar is a competent top. Given superior skill I could absolutely see Rengar pooping on Zed in top lane.

Now come mid, where Zed shines and Rengar doesn't. Ruh roh.

Well, I think you'll always get conflicting opinions on GameFAQs given the widespread popularity of the game, and everybody plays at different levels, so to be fair, if you think you might like him, give it a shot. No one can really know if you'll like him till you try him and a sale is the best time for that, so get him if you need a new top or mid... or jungle.
#24BlocktopusPosted 2/12/2013 9:07:13 PM(edited)
DartDragoon posted...
Can he carry harder than Talon ? Been playing Talon a lot lately but it's a shame that the only place he shines is mid...

No lol, he can't carry harder than Talon but he's really good and really fun.

His ult is ridiculously easy to c*ckblock though if he gets cc'd before he gets his full combo off or if someone shields/heals the target before the ult detonates.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki