Ganking tips

#1BattleRoyalRedyPosted 2/12/2013 10:36:28 AM
So with S3 and the introduction of sightstone I've been having some issues jungling. As it is now its almost like I shouldn't even bother trying to gank bot. Top is usually warded and with so many mobile ap mids + flash, mid is hard to land ganks as well.

I know lane ganks can get the job done yet a lot of times I can only pull this off top because the bot bush is warded a lot of the time as well.

I could just farm jungle but a lot of times i feel like with some teams if i dont get my lanes fed it's gg as they will just feed without the help. Anyone have some tips as far as tactics or even champs to try? I'm about to say F it and only jungle Eve from now on.
#2BerserkFGriffthPosted 2/12/2013 10:39:22 AM
Get your bot support to pink whatever avenue you want to gank through, or buy it yourself.
---
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/Shenneh/Coraline%20Pics/132507-hunter-x-hunter-pitou-hunter-x-hunter_zpsab5136bf.jpg
#3SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 2/12/2013 10:41:13 AM
LOL Breakdown 101: Tip 8
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/64916187

This will teach you everything you wanted to know about ganking^^
#4BattleRoyalRedy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 10:53:06 AM
I pink sometimes but I can't keep buying pinks over and over again just to be able to attempt to gank.

I checked the link out, all stuff I mostly know already but I guess I just need to lane gank more and just ditch ganking from the river unless its pinked :/
#5SeaIntoTheSkyPosted 2/12/2013 11:01:55 AM
BattleRoyalRedy posted...
I pink sometimes but I can't keep buying pinks over and over again just to be able to attempt to gank.

I checked the link out, all stuff I mostly know already but I guess I just need to lane gank more and just ditch ganking from the river unless its pinked :/

Wards are placed on a 3:00 timer(Excluding the explorer ward) so if you see them place it you may gank 3:00 later when they attempt to reward or before they place down another in it's spot. See check around the map every so often to see when they do this. Additionally if people are over extended it doesn't matter if they see you coming or not they will get caught. Other than that just use the guide and keep practicing^^
#6BattleRoyalRedy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:13:35 AM
Practice makes perfect I guess!

How often should I be ganking? (As someone who has been jungling for awhile I feel dumb askin this but I'm just so stumped with S3 jungling atm) I feel like I put too much emphasis on ganking sometimes and then when I come up empty I'm under lvl'd or money starved.
#7FlareZeroPosted 2/12/2013 11:19:09 AM
You should be ganking when the lane permits. This means like seeing opponent overcommitting to a skirmish with your teammate or overextended trying to get minions under your team's tower. They present good opportunities to sneak in. Sometimes you might even enter a lane to force people to back off and lose cs if your ally is being pinned hard. It's all intuition and having map awareness. With the changes to the jungle this season, I've found it hard to live off ganks.
---
You like it or you don't, but i hate people saying it's 'an acquired taste." That's just a cop out. - bookwormbabe29 on beer.