Will any game ever top League of Legends?

#1djprofessork1Posted 2/12/2013 12:27:37 PM
Well it's safe to say LoL is completely dominant in the gaming scene right now. It completely dwarfs all of the competition. It killed WoW, and even CoD doesn't come close to the amount of players that LoL gets.

the question is: Will any developer be able to step up and make a game better than League? ..I mean, league can't last FOREVER, right? Or will it just be Riot making League 2/Updating league forever until the end of time?

And for that matter, what about competitive gaming? Even the old greats like Quake 3, Starcraft:BW, and Counter-Strike are nothing compared to League of Legends. Is league really the new Chess?
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2ThedraxPosted 2/12/2013 12:36:05 PM
This is the same question people used to ask about WoW. We just need to wait for the next big (letter)o(same letter).
---
"Fursecution"? Oh, you're addicted to chocohol?
**** you.
#3BlocktopusPosted 2/12/2013 12:38:22 PM
yea prolly
---
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki
#4djprofessork1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:39:18 PM
Thedrax posted...
This is the same question people used to ask about WoW. We just need to wait for the next big (letter)o(same letter).

Yea but WoW was only #1 because of the addictive factor. League is #1 because it's the super competitive/skilled.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#5BerserkFGriffthPosted 2/12/2013 12:39:43 PM
djprofessork1 posted...
Thedrax posted...

Yea but WoW was only #1 because of the addictive factor. League is #1 because it's the super competitive/skilled.

LOLOL
---
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/Shenneh/Coraline%20Pics/132507-hunter-x-hunter-pitou-hunter-x-hunter_zpsab5136bf.jpg
#6crondizzlePosted 2/12/2013 12:51:03 PM
Maybe some time in the distant future... if Riot ever decides to make LoL 2.

We've seen that every other company is inept at making a MOBA. Look at DotA 2 and SMITE. They are complete failures. League will dominate the competitive scene for years to come, and the casual scene, because Riot actually CARES about their fanbase and is committed to making LoL as good as it can be.
#7AlastreonPosted 2/12/2013 12:59:01 PM
crondizzle posted...
Maybe some time in the distant future... if Riot ever decides to make LoL 2.

We've seen that every other company is inept at making a MOBA. Look at DotA 2 and SMITE. They are complete failures. League will dominate the competitive scene for years to come, and the casual scene, because Riot actually CARES about their fanbase and is committed to making LoL as good as it can be.

You realize without Dota,we wouldn't have this right?
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#8The Last CetraPosted 2/12/2013 1:03:47 PM
djprofessork1 posted...
Well it's safe to say LoL is completely dominant in the gaming scene right now. It completely dwarfs all of the competition. It killed WoW, and even CoD doesn't come close to the amount of players that LoL gets.

the question is: Will any developer be able to step up and make a game better than League? ..I mean, league can't last FOREVER, right? Or will it just be Riot making League 2/Updating league forever until the end of time?

And for that matter, what about competitive gaming? Even the old greats like Quake 3, Starcraft:BW, and Counter-Strike are nothing compared to League of Legends. Is league really the new Chess?

LoL killed WoW? Last I checked WoW still has close to 10 million paying subscribers. Riot wishes it pulled in 150 million dollars a month on subscriptions alone.
---
Kakugo Ha Yoi Ka... Isshun Sengeki!
My Fists Bleed Death
#9Dota2Posted 2/12/2013 1:03:52 PM
dota2
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://sadpanda.us/images/308505-W31WLMW.gif
#10KingOfAsiaPosted 2/12/2013 1:04:13 PM
djprofessork1 posted...
Thedrax posted...

I can agree with that after playing wow for 4 years. the current pvp is garbage