Will any game ever top League of Legends?

#51SexualPizzaPosted 2/12/2013 8:39:16 PM
Try_Harder_Nubz posted...
league is still a poorly designed game that's only become popular because it's f2p

dota2 is a well designed game that's also f2p

wonder which is the better game

DOTA 2 is more difficult, and very hard for new players to get into. The playerbase doesn't help with this at all either. It may have better mechanical design, but the UI and character design are downright atrocious. Also, the game looks like butt.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#52Luster_SlyPosted 2/12/2013 8:40:10 PM
league is still a poorly designed game that's only become popular because it's f2p

DOTA 2 is more difficult, and very hard for new players to get into. The playerbase doesn't help with this at all either. It may have better mechanical design, but the UI and character design are downright atrocious. Also, the game looks like butt.

you say all of that like LoL isn't guilty of it.
---
Core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz | GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H | Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB 1600Mhz | 1TB HDD | GeForce GTX 660 Ti | Corsair CX600 | Corsair 300R Windowed
#53Gimpt3Posted 2/12/2013 8:46:37 PM
Alastreon posted...
crondizzle posted...
Maybe some time in the distant future... if Riot ever decides to make LoL 2.

We've seen that every other company is inept at making a MOBA. Look at DotA 2 and SMITE. They are complete failures. League will dominate the competitive scene for years to come, and the casual scene, because Riot actually CARES about their fanbase and is committed to making LoL as good as it can be.

You realize without Dota,we wouldn't have this right?

Right, becuase, if Dota didn't exist, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE else to come up with the original idea.
---
PSN: Gimpt
#54SexualPizzaPosted 2/12/2013 8:49:47 PM
Luster_Sly posted...

you say all of that like LoL isn't guilty of it.

I'm only giving you credit on the playerbase comment. Everything else still stands.
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#55PsyborgasmPosted 2/12/2013 8:56:35 PM
WoW and LoL are similar in that they both have simple gameplay. WoW was amazing in the BC days, but in an attempt to attract more people they severely dumbed it down. Join a guild with the click of a button; End game gear? Ok do a LFR and be thrown in to the finals bosses. Ugh.

I think both WoW, LoL and CoD are good at showing us what todays gamers want: simple, easy to jump in to gameplay.

For me this is a bad thing as I spend minimal time in-game these days. It just doesn't feel exciting or satisfying anymore. (Give me back my QWTF and EverQuest Kunark/Velious/Scars).
#56aibohphobiaPosted 2/12/2013 9:00:19 PM
-Hydreigon- posted...
but other aspects... only add tedium.

it's sounds like you don't enjoy having options/decision-making in your game
that or you don't understand the game very well

AC_Dragonfire posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg&v=jVL4st0blGU&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Extra Credits: Depth vs Complexity

"introduced the leveling and kit system for increased depth-"
trash video

Ranked gaming in LoL only increases in depth and complexity the higher you get on the ranking system.

playing ranked != "increasing" depth/complexity
---
asdfghjklkjhgfdsa
#57RontequePosted 2/12/2013 9:49:51 PM
You people keep saying WoW killed WoW.

But yet WoW is still on the Gamefaq top ten list.

The top ten game list is trash anyway.

01 League of Legends (This is a good game but does not deserve to be no.1, wtf.)
02 World of Warcraft (Trash)
03 Dota 2 (Trash. This game should have died with WC3:FT)
04 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Dumbed down bullcrap)
05 Guild Wars 2 (Dumbed down bullcrap)
06 Team Fortress 2 (This is a good game but does not deserve to be in the top ten.)
07 Diablo III (Trash)
08 Path of Exile (Good game but does not derserve to be top ten.)
09 Minecraft (Garbage graphics game)
10 TERA (Why is this here?!)

Terrible games. It is like the gaming industry died. 2012 has been a terrible year for PC games.
#58MixednuttsPosted 2/12/2013 10:47:39 PM
Ronteque posted...
You people keep saying WoW killed WoW.

But yet WoW is still on the Gamefaq top ten list.

The top ten game list is trash anyway.

01 League of Legends (This is a good game but does not deserve to be no.1, wtf.)
02 World of Warcraft (Trash)
03 Dota 2 (Trash. This game should have died with WC3:FT)
04 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Dumbed down bullcrap)
05 Guild Wars 2 (Dumbed down bullcrap)
06 Team Fortress 2 (This is a good game but does not deserve to be in the top ten.)
07 Diablo III (Trash)
08 Path of Exile (Good game but does not derserve to be top ten.)
09 Minecraft (Garbage graphics game)
10 TERA (Why is this here?!)

Terrible games. It is like the gaming industry died. 2012 has been a terrible year for PC games.

You do realize the top 10 list puts popularity over quality, right? This is why League (Currently the most popular), WoW (Declining but still popular) and Dota 2 (Currently most played game on steam and steadily gaining popularity) are the top 3. If the list was based solely on quality, it would probably be stuck with the same 10 games it had back when Portal 2 was released which, IMHO, was the last PC game released that almost everybody loved.
---
http://rimshot.minitroopers.com
We FIGHT because [Insert reason/excuse/whatever here]!
#59HeroshiX2Posted 2/12/2013 10:53:30 PM
There's so many wrong things said about Dota 2 in this thread that it makes me sick to my stomach, combined with how many people are shoving opinions at people like they're facts.

Never change, GameFAQs.