Many people say kog is weak in this current meta

#1PrintScreenKeyPosted 2/12/2013 12:31:09 PM
But what they really mean is pure AD kog is weak because of all the diving champions, making him unable to shoot.
Kog can still be played as tanky AP.
He'll have really strong poke, good burst damage and will be able to survive the gap closing champions.
Items: Rod of ages and zhonya should give the HP and resistances needed.
Farming: Void ooze and bio arcane barrage for safe farming.

Of course he won't be as strong in pure late game damage output as AD kog but it's still very high. Plus with league of warmogs, that 12% hp damage per shot for when kog gets dived will do considerably more damage than in s2. Besides, I think AP kog does more damage than AD kog simply because traditional BT/IE/PD/LW AD kog dies instantly
#2Ravid182Posted 2/12/2013 12:37:40 PM
He just needs a team to be built around him.

I think there were a few matches in the last set of season 3 games that showed that he is perfectly fine if this is the case.
#3darkman95Posted 2/12/2013 12:43:53 PM
PrintScreenKey posted...
But what they really mean is pure AD kog is weak because of all the diving champions, making him unable to shoot.
He'll have really strong poke, good burst damage and will be able to survive the gap closing champions.

Of course he won't be as strong in pure late game damage output as AD kog but it's still very high. Plus with league of warmogs, that 12% hp damage per shot for when kog gets dived will do considerably more damage than in s2. Besides, I think AP kog does more damage than AD kog simply because traditional BT/IE/PD/LW AD kog dies instantly

This is what AP kog players really think.

Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about. AP kog is a pathetic build, he has no team fight presence and won't win his lane, he just forces a stalemate with his insane poke. AD kog can literally hyper carry a game and kill champs in under a second late game. if you die too fast as AD kog it's simply because your team sucked at protecting you or you suck at positioning.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#4_HeXPosted 2/12/2013 12:46:51 PM
darkman95 posted...
PrintScreenKey posted...

This is what AP kog players really think.

Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about. AP kog is a pathetic build, he has no team fight presence and won't win his lane, he just forces a stalemate with his insane poke. AD kog can literally hyper carry a game and kill champs in under a second late game. if you die too fast as AD kog it's simply because your team sucked at protecting you or you suck at positioning.

Maybe at bronze division, but where people actually know how to play diving Kog'Maw is generally so easy with all the OP bruisers and assassins flying all over the place. Your only chance is to rely on your team for protection, which we all know pretty much never happens in solo queue. Kog'Maw is in a pretty bad a spot in Season 3.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#5Fenrir the WolfPosted 2/12/2013 1:00:47 PM(edited)
I still remember Froggen's pre-nerf AP Kog. He was so fed that he'd press W and do as much damage as an AD Kog.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#6FoxDragon13Posted 2/12/2013 1:17:50 PM
He is not. A lot of pro teams sill use him as the hyper late game carry. Since SO MANY champs just instantly buy warmongs and sunfire, Kog is a perfect solution to them with his %health on hit.

He is risky though, you need to have a team that can protect him, and not let him be touched. And their are champs that can do that, j4 being one of them. So no he is not. He just needs a team built around him. Pro teams use kog for their comp.

Just on soloque, that may be hard.
---
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter
#7centurion911Posted 2/12/2013 1:19:53 PM
No one says Kog is weak.

He's a tank shredder in a tanky meta. He's awesome with someone to peel for him (Nunu, Thresh, Ali)
---
"Whats the penalty for dodging in ranked?"
"Phreak comes to your house and punches your screen."
#8sephiroth3703Posted 2/12/2013 1:21:52 PM
Doesn't have the kite of Ashe, or mobility of Vayne, but he can shred a team given you have a team that recognizes you'll do more damage than they ever will.