Why does the new Elo system love me?

#1fsfhunterPosted 2/12/2013 5:54:09 PM
I got placed in platinum 1 as I expected but I did not expect to get +30-34 for wins and -12-16 for losses. In the beginning I managed to lose 7 games in a row with 0 division points and somehow didn't drop down. Then I climbed and hit diamond and even here the Elo system still favors me massively. Is this due to the new hidden MMR system? I feel like I'm being handed Elo while I hear other stories of people having a much more difficult time climbing.
---
GT: CavsMan813
#2PrizmSlashPosted 2/12/2013 6:04:11 PM
Good for you I guess. I sort of understand how it works but with the MMR hidden and all its all pretty confusing to most people(including me for the most part)
---
-_-
#3dennis941012Posted 2/12/2013 6:07:35 PM(edited)
I hate you T_T
I lose more then I gain
+20 per win
-25~ per loss
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#4RXPKPosted 2/12/2013 6:09:03 PM
7 games in a row with 0 lp??

LIAR, I got demoted for less than that 4~5 games.
---
Worst moderators in this history of message boards, trolling you right here on gamefaqs.
#5TheSchrefPosted 2/12/2013 6:13:46 PM
I've lost like.. 4 games in the last week and a half. I get between 20-28 points a game and lose between 20-25. My teams for the most part have been awful, but Kayle and Hecarim don't care about bad teammates.
#6The-World-SevenPosted 2/12/2013 6:24:00 PM
fsfhunter posted...
I got placed in platinum 1 as I expected but I did not expect to get +30-34 for wins and -12-16 for losses. In the beginning I managed to lose 7 games in a row with 0 division points and somehow didn't drop down. Then I climbed and hit diamond and even here the Elo system still favors me massively. Is this due to the new hidden MMR system? I feel like I'm being handed Elo while I hear other stories of people having a much more difficult time climbing.

You no longer see your Elo rating.

What was your Elo before it changed to Division / LP?

These LP gains and losses are based on your Elo rating relative to other players in your Division. If your Elo is much higher, you will climb faster.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#7dennis941012Posted 2/12/2013 6:26:11 PM
fsfhunter posted...

You no longer see your Elo rating.

What was your Elo before it changed to Division / LP?

These LP gains and losses are based on your Elo rating relative to other players in your Division. If your Elo is much higher, you will climb faster.

he was 2.2k+
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#8fsfhunter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 6:30:13 PM
Oh so because my old elo was so high i was much higher compared to other plat 1 players. That makes sense.
---
GT: CavsMan813
#9The-World-SevenPosted 2/12/2013 6:47:46 PM
oh, real? 2,2k is redic high
that's prolly why, lol i think 2.2k is diamond level elo *i think

and i feel like i should clarify that the old MMR (Elo rating) is still there and it's still the primary determinant in match making, but it is hidden. LP / division has very very little to do with matchmaking.
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis