What are Talon's major counters ?

#1DartDragoonPosted 2/13/2013 8:08:05 AM
Been playing a lot of Talon mid lately, and last night I first picked him and the other team responded by picking Swain.

Now the rest of my team were like "GG Talon you got countered hard"

Then I 4-0'd Swain and steamrolled the whole enemy team afterwards.

So yeah, being kind of a new Talon player, which champs should I really be aware of ? Off the top of my head all I can think of is... maybe Kat ? Or Pantheon ?
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4: Vega BB: Arakune MK: Sindel UMvC3: TaskMstr / Haggar / Trish
#2GameEnforcerPosted 2/13/2013 8:10:49 AM
Your major counter is people not getting hit by your rake. If people avoid getting hit by that or your ult you'd actually be challenged a bit while steamrolling faces.

http://lolcounter.com/champ/talon

btw.
#3Masemune_100Posted 2/13/2013 8:12:13 AM
Fisrt off, that Swain was bad.
Second off, any tanky mid. This includes Swain and Mordekaiser.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#4YuracoPosted 2/13/2013 8:12:54 AM
cho will slaughter you mid

syndra can hit you further than u can hit her.

a smart malz will just dot and back away

all of these can counter talon
#5DartDragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:13:33 AM
According to that site, Talon is bad agaisnt: Leesin, Riven, Yorick and Pantheon

None of them ever go mid except Pantheon...guess I know who i'm maining to gold then lol
---
#6DartDragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:14:42 AM
Masemune_100 posted...

Nah he was prrety good, gave me a hard time but I just got one lucky kill and it was just worse and worse for him by that point.

Didn't think about Morde though...yeah, Morde would wreck the **** out of Talon :l
---
#7_HeXPosted 2/13/2013 8:15:38 AM
If I see Talon mid I just usually pick Lux and stay at max range where I can safely farm and harras, he can never touch me.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#8RetributionV2Posted 2/13/2013 8:16:09 AM
Quote:According to that site, Talon is bad agaisnt: Leesin, Riven, Yorick and Pantheon

None of them ever go mid except Pantheon...guess I know who i'm maining to gold then lol

@DartDragoon
Lol. Have fun against the aforementioned champs in the post before this one.

"THEY SAY ONLY THESE CHAMPS COUNTER ME BETTER BELIEVE ONLY THAT HURR"
---
>2012
>Not using meme arrows
#9Masemune_100Posted 2/13/2013 8:18:10 AM
DartDragoon posted...
Masemune_100 posted...

Nah he was prrety good, gave me a hard time but I just got one lucky kill and it was just worse and worse for him by that point.

Didn't think about Morde though...yeah, Morde would wreck the **** out of Talon :l

Trust me when I say Swain wins that lane if you're good with him. Talon can't get out and he knows where you go during your ult because of his birds in his ult.
Morde does that to people though. Just get the jungler to win your lane like everyone else does XD, and pray he doesn't manage to 2v1 you guys.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#10GameEnforcerPosted 2/13/2013 8:24:40 AM(edited)
According to that site, Talon is bad agaisnt: Leesin, Riven, Yorick and Pantheon

If your worried about that just main Chogath top mid or jungle, Its pretty hilarious. I somewhat agree that swain can give talon problems especially if he builds a seekers armguard early. I would say swain vs talon mid is more of a skill matchup. The site(lolcounter) probably included riven because of people swapping lanes in the event that your talon hard counters their ap mid