I say "gg" when it was a good game

#31Devil D 911Posted 2/13/2013 2:15:29 PM
DarkLord63 posted...
Lol. Go on forever about being a good and respectful person and then insult all westerners. Classy

He didn't insult westerners. He's being frank and honest. I live in the west and i know very well that people here don't like to seem like the weak link. They dont want to feel unjustified, or worthless. It's to the extent that even if you sugar coated it and tried to give constructive criticism they would scoff at you in some manner.

The post wasnt to insult but to explain how it's better to just be polite anyways, because the fact of the matter is that League of legends has a high percent of western players and a lot of those, admittingly, are dbags- just look in the tribunal!

In this topic i felt we were having an open conversation, one much more involved than you could have in league of legends post chat. So i dont blame him for being more frank.
---
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1847 8375 6974
Blue: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Red: [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ Green: |||||||||||||||||||||||
#32ExalxPosted 2/13/2013 3:36:55 PM
Devil D 911 posted...
DarkLord63 posted...
Lol. Go on forever about being a good and respectful person and then insult all westerners. Classy

He didn't insult westerners. He's being frank and honest. I live in the west and i know very well that people here don't like to seem like the weak link. They dont want to feel unjustified, or worthless. It's to the extent that even if you sugar coated it and tried to give constructive criticism they would scoff at you in some manner.

The post wasnt to insult but to explain how it's better to just be polite anyways, because the fact of the matter is that League of legends has a high percent of western players and a lot of those, admittingly, are dbags- just look in the tribunal!

In this topic i felt we were having an open conversation, one much more involved than you could have in league of legends post chat. So i dont blame him for being more frank.

No... I don't think it's just a west thing....
---
Monster Hunter Tri: Exalx (2ZFG9Y) HR:130+
#33Devil D 911Posted 2/13/2013 3:45:47 PM
Exalx posted...
Devil D 911 posted...
DarkLord63 posted...

No... I don't think it's just a west thing....

Whether you think its just a western thing wasnt my point. The point is that it is especially prevalent in the west. However douchebaggery is common in all parts of the world haha.
---
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 1847 8375 6974
Blue: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Red: [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ Green: |||||||||||||||||||||||
#34Neo_PortaPottyPosted 2/13/2013 3:55:25 PM
PrizmSlash posted...
xVashTS98x posted...
"gg" is fine.

"gg wp" is not.

This soooo much. Got stomped? WP!

Gg as in a handshake the WP part assuming no dc's is WP on my teams part not the enemy's.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#35DartkunPosted 2/13/2013 4:06:12 PM(edited)
Devil D 911 posted...
Whether you think its just a western thing wasnt my point. The point is that it is especially prevalent in the west. However douchebaggery is common in all parts of the world haha.

I lived in Japan for about 6 years.

If you don't believe me that they are more polite. I won't be able to convince you of that. I can't speak for the rest of the world, I've lived in China, Japan and Canada. China was pretty bad as well but I was pretty much in the worst portions of the city I was in.

And if you think it's hypocritical to claim to be a better person and then claim Westerners are harder to convince. If you take offense to that, wow. Yeah, from my limited experience, Westerners are taught they are all unique snowflakes who can do absolutely anything with their lives. I'm not claiming ANYWHERE that they are stupid, but I am claiming they are independent and more stubborn.

But look over my comment.

But I doubt I could ever convince most LoL players or even people of that fact. Especially most Western culture people....

Maybe it's my fault, I can't convince most players, I can't convince most western players. Maybe others can. But I personally cannot. Judging by the fact I offended you, my post is not the correct conduit. Thanks for reaffirming my thesis.

Oh, and there is a difference between calling people out ingame and slagging them off versus speaking generally.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#36MwarriorHieiPosted 2/13/2013 4:27:06 PM
34-2

GG
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#37HhhmmmPosted 2/13/2013 4:34:24 PM
ryana posted...
gg is now more of a post-game handshake than it is meant to actually represent a "good game." If you play softball, it doesn't matter how bad you get beat, you still shake hands after the game.

Spoken like someone who hasn't played any sport past age 10. Handshakes are reserved for teams you respect.
---
Thanks Jesus my buddy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYa1eI1hpDE this is my jam
#38mrich528Posted 2/13/2013 5:22:20 PM
xDarknezzx posted...
agreed, at the end if it wasnt good i ll just say g cause it was a game

this, so hard. i always just say 'g'... or troll really hard, of course!
---
Current games: GW2: CaptainBojangles. Steam (CSS,TF2,L4D2): randy marsh, LoL: CaptainBojangles
#39DogmanwalkingPosted 2/13/2013 6:57:00 PM
Eh, I tend to not say gg if it was a stomp. Seems either cocky or ignorant depending on which side I'm on. If someone on their team AFK'd. I'll say "Sorry about the D/C or AFK'er." I'd be more gracious in games where I am destroyed, but they tend to be so cocky I'd rather hit them then praise them.
#40lordjinPosted 2/13/2013 7:17:23 PM
ITT: IDGAF 2 EZ GG NOOBS
---
"As much as I like playing LoL - the majority of the populace are unfavorable people with low social skills and etiquette."