Riven top as Vayne

#11realfreakoPosted 2/14/2013 10:06:59 AM
You will OOM if you EQ (Even E alone) every time Xin charges. Then you'll be forced to die or recall while Xin gets ahead on cs/experience
---
PSN/MGO: TehFlame
#12MIG297Posted 2/14/2013 10:09:34 AM
Condemn is on a 20 second CD at lvl 1, Audacious Charge is only on 13 seconds so condemn is only going to save you once.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cqLpz.gif
#13Rookie_Jet(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:21:02 AM(edited)
Will Xin not run oom from his own Q and E (+ the occassional W if he tries to all-in)? If you think it will be a problem, you can always start flask+wards and be k. Also, by keeping harass up (even with Xin's heal), he won't want to do it that often. 4% true damage with that one point in W hurts if he's aggressive enough at last hitting to let you proc 3 hits. If he's not, then you've also accomplished zoning him out. Win-win to me.

Even doing that strategy on Riven who has MUCH more opportunity to engage, I didn't have any mana problems so I disagree that that's an issue.

MIG297 posted...
Condemn is on a 20 second CD at lvl 1, Audacious Charge is only on 13 seconds so condemn is only going to save you once.

Valid point. Same problem I've had playing as Vlad. You'll just need to take advantage of that 13 second window by harassing and making him not want to engage at least for that other 7 sec. One good thing about playing Xin top as someone who can harass is that Xin will usually push the lane trying to heal up so with my E down as Vayne, I'm still only a tumble away from my tower a lot of the time.

Also, I started cloth+5 so I wouldn't get bursted to bits instantly (vs. Riv. I imagine I would do the same vs. a Xin). I ended up building as a bruiser and let our Cait bot be primary ADC. She did fine so I didn't need to build as much damage that match.
#14happyscrub1Posted 2/14/2013 10:48:34 AM
Vayne owns Riven. The only way Riven can touch vayne is if she flashes, which vayne can just flash away too.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#15happyscrub1Posted 2/14/2013 10:49:09 AM
MIG297 posted...

Wait 7 secs
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#16SoraOwnsAllPosted 2/14/2013 11:10:51 AM
MIG297 posted...

Wait 7 secs

Xin Zhao is now completely zoning you for that 7 seconds. And when that 7 seconds is up and you condemn him away again, congrats! You are now completely OoM!
---
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
#17shrimp1992Posted 2/14/2013 11:15:49 AM
SoraOwnsAll posted...
MIG297 posted...

Wait 7 secs

Xin Zhao is now completely zoning you for that 7 seconds. And when that 7 seconds is up and you condemn him away again, congrats! You are now completely OoM!

Are we leaving condemn level 1 all laning phase or something?
---
Falcons record 11-1
#18Rookie_Jet(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:20:46 AM(edited)
SoraOwnsAll posted...
MIG297 posted...

Wait 7 secs

Both of your points have already been addressed and, I believe, sufficiently refuted.

EDIT: shrimp1992 posted...
Are we leaving condemn level 1 all laning phase or something?

Good point. I went E>Q>W>E>Q>R, alternating E, Q until laning ended. Q was already maxed at that point, and E was 4/5 so I started leveling W again for damage.