so is riven bad now?

#1KingOfAsiaPosted 2/13/2013 7:23:13 PM
That change on her passive? What does this mean for early and mid and late game/

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/23156-patch-3-02-notes
---
Nikasaur is my future wife after I finish civil engineering at college
#2zeppelin312Posted 2/13/2013 7:25:57 PM
it will be harder to snowball, but if I understand it correctly she will be slightly stronger after earlygame?
#3KingOfAsia(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:27:41 PM
zeppelin312 posted...
it will be harder to snowball, but if I understand it correctly she will be slightly stronger after earlygame?

passive scaling on AD so weak early game strong//mid game easier to catch up if you die a lot
---
Nikasaur is my future wife after I finish civil engineering at college
#4SomnambulisticPosted 2/13/2013 7:43:34 PM(edited)
Her early game is going down and her lategame is going up, basically speaking.

So honestly it's a buff if you know how to play Riven. Probably less likely ability to all-in your lane opponent as soon as you hit level 2, but that's likely a sacrifice people are willing to make once they make it to the 30 minute mark.
---
Would you like to know more?
#5titan6669Posted 2/13/2013 7:38:04 PM
the early game nerf is negligible at best but the late game buff is pretty nice especially since glass cannon riven doesn't really work anymore due to the new health stacking meta.
#6DartkunPosted 2/13/2013 7:57:52 PM(edited)
Here you go matheletes.

Hopefully I didn't screw up the numbers, I don't think so but there is always a way for human error.

http://i.imgur.com/HQVKrXV.png

How to read the graph.

THE FIRST 2 GRAPHS ON THE LEFT

The top graph is @ level 1 and it gives you the value per 10 AD increments.

At level 1, because the scaling is terrible (15% of total AD) the old method of increasing 0.5 per AD was much better.

The bottom graph is @ level 18. Same deal

At level 18, 45% of total AD suddenly becomes a lot better than just a flat 10. It's better regardless of how much AD you have but per each point of AD it gets closer.

THE SECOND 2 GRAPHS ON THE RIGHT

The top graph assumes you have zero AD and this is how you will scale for each level up.

Since AD scaling was better before, your damage increases exponentially as you level.

But at 100 AD, the graph gets a little more interesting. As it starts off much worse than gets better as you level.

tl;dr; STFU Dart:
PER EACH LEVEL UP SCALING IS BETTER NOW
(Increases approximately 1.66% of your total AD per level [NEW] vs 0.67 Flat damage [OLD])

PER EACH AD SCALING IS WORSE NOW.
(Increases your damage by 0.15 - 0.45 [NEW] vs 0.5 damage [OLD])

Edit: I screwed up by axis. Whatever. I explained it.

Fun Fact: At level 18, you need approximately 420 AD for the old passive to deal more than the new passive.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#7PyrizzlaPosted 2/14/2013 2:21:56 AM
Will this change how people build on Riven, or can we still stack AD?

Also for the math guy. You say at 100AD the new passive overtakes. So for example if i start at level 1 with 87AD ill only need 13+ AD for the new passive to be better from an early level?
---
Lol: Pyrizzla Main: Riven, Renekton, Diana, MF, Olaf, Vayne, Leona - Slowly battling ELO HELL
Official Alucard of the Gamefaqs Board
#8ForgettablePosted 2/14/2013 3:14:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HQVKrXV.png

Good job labelling the axis and giving each graph a title. Your maths teachers would be proud of you.
#9hotshotgamesPosted 2/14/2013 3:26:12 AM
Pyrizzla posted...
Will this change how people build on Riven, or can we still stack AD?

Also for the math guy. You say at 100AD the new passive overtakes. So for example if i start at level 1 with 87AD ill only need 13+ AD for the new passive to be better from an early level?

no, I assume that he is quoting this based on the lv18 45% rather than the lv1 15%

otherwise it's not even really a early game nerf, just an all around buff
---
Apple>Nintendo>Steam>Playstation>Google>Microsoft>Origin
Own: Wii, DS, iPod Touch, Computer
#10Lilb77Posted 2/14/2013 4:49:54 AM(edited)
So, I dont see that being a buff in any way. Apparently they slightly nerfed the damage at her early levels and slightly buffed her damage at higher levels, but this minor buff at her higher levels isnt really a buff because its already late game and everyone has their warmogs/sunfire/randuins/whatever, so +15 or 20 dmg wont reallly matter that much anyway.

But at early levels the nerf will be much more noticeable because everyone has less hp, so every bit of damage you lose is bad, especially if you were going to be agressive in lane, and Riven used to have a good early game, now you will have to play much more passive.

Tbh, I dont know why Riven is getting so focused by Riot in this season 3. I mean, her win rate is crap (i know that doesnt matter that much), nobody uses her in profissional tournaments and there are many, many champions that gives her a hard time in lane.